Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EIFE for wideband sensors
cschauerj Offline

EIFE for wideband sensors
I have an '03 Tacoma that I want to install a smacksbooster in. The truck has a wideband O2 sensor which until now I could not find someone who made a device for adjusting the output sent to the computer. I found this on EBay tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-EFIE-ADJUSTE...581#claims

Any thoughts?
12-28-2008 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: EIFE for wideband sensors
My thoughts?

You have one post and it has a link and you used "any thoughts", which we see a LOT of when someone posts spam.

My other thoughts? If indeed you are interested in a wideband o2 sensor, email Bruce and ask him to put you on the list for a preliminary efie 2, which is wideband and should be quite reasonable (cheaper than your link probably) and available in a few weeks.

FWIW, I'd rather buy one from Mike (the owner of this forum), which a lot of people here will say has the best efie support and his product is made in the US, vs trying to get support for a product from Hungary.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2008 07:32 PM by colchiro.)
12-28-2008 07:27 PM
John Sargent Offline

(12-28-2008 07:12 PM)cschauerj Wrote:  I have an '03 Tacoma that I want to install a smacksbooster in. The truck has a wideband O2 sensor which until now I could not find someone who made a device for adjusting the output sent to the computer. I found this on EBay tonight.

Any thoughts?

How many wires does your wideband AFR (not O2) sensor have? 5 or 6? If not, this won't work for you. Most of them (my Hondas included) have 4. Best option is what Rick said about getting the new efie for AFRs (air fuel ratio sensors) here. John
12-29-2008 04:41 AM
cschauerj Offline

The thing on ebay looks like junk. I am not affiliated with it whatsoever. But I can see how this is the wrong place to put the link if the owner is in the process of making his own. I'll find out my wire configuration and check back. I would much rather wait for a good product, which is what led me here to begin with.
12-29-2008 08:53 AM
John Sargent Offline

(12-29-2008 08:53 AM)cschauerj Wrote:  The thing on ebay looks like junk. I am not affiliated with it whatsoever. But I can see how this is the wrong place to put the link if the owner is in the process of making his own. I'll find out my wire configuration and check back. I would much rather wait for a good product, which is what led me here to begin with.

It will be worth the wait.
12-29-2008 09:45 AM
Bruce Offline

(12-28-2008 07:12 PM)cschauerj Wrote:  I have an '03 Tacoma that I want to install a smacksbooster in. The truck has a wideband O2 sensor which until now I could not find someone who made a device for adjusting the output sent to the computer. I found this on EBay tonight.

Any thoughts?

We just purchased one to check out. We will let everyone know what we find. Ours should be ready for sale any day now. We will let everyone know.

Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

FuelSaver-MPG Documents Page
12-29-2008 02:52 PM
colchiro Offline

(12-29-2008 08:53 AM)cschauerj Wrote:  The thing on ebay looks like junk. I am not affiliated with it whatsoever. But I can see how this is the wrong place to put the link if the owner is in the process of making his own. I'll find out my wire configuration and check back. I would much rather wait for a good product, which is what led me here to begin with.
Sorry, I thought there was a 50/50 chance you were.

Mike doesn't care if people post competing products. I suspect it's because he knows he has quality products with good support.

Your Toyota has 4 wires, two for heater, (one will be ground) and 2 for sensor output.

This is the "Bruce" to contact to be put on the waiting list.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2008 03:06 PM by colchiro.)
12-29-2008 03:03 PM
Bruce Offline

(12-29-2008 03:03 PM)colchiro Wrote:  
Sorry, I thought there was a 50/50 chance you were.

Mike doesn't care if people post competing products. I suspect it's because he knows he has quality products with good support.

Your Toyota has 4 wires, two for heater, (one will be ground) and 2 for sensor output.

This is the "Bruce" to contact to be put on the waiting list.

Thanks Rick! Don't be sorry. We are very close but not quite ready. And of course we want people to post about all kinds of products. Our goal is to figure out what works and what does not so we can all benefit from this technology.
Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

FuelSaver-MPG Documents Page
12-29-2008 03:28 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Bruce. I was apologizing for assuming the post was probably spam.Wink

How long before you can post a price?

Rick

12-29-2008 03:37 PM
mike Offline

Hi guys. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think you'll find it wasn't misplaced. Our new units appear to be bulletproof at handling both 4 and 5 wire wide band sensors. I'll feel better about that statement once we have more people using them, but so far in our testing, it's easier to control air fuel ratio with our new AFR EFIEs than it is to control a narrow band vehicle with the old style EFIEs.

We just got in our circuit boards for the new product. We did a limited run of 100 boards, and are now ordering 500 more which will probably take about a month to run. I will be putting an item up in our store later today. If you need one of these, please order them quickly as I'm afraid they won't last long.

As to the one from Hungary, I bought one yesterday. It's apparently going to take 2 weeks to get here. I'll let you know if it's workable or not.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-30-2008 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply