Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ER HyCO 2A - Assembly and install
MetalBird Offline

ER HyCO 2A - Assembly and install
I started this over at MPG Research and want to ask it here as well for hopeful answers and guidance...
Ok, here is my official thread for my on running questions regarding the HyCO 2A I have the info on and want to make and install.
Warning: I am new to this and dont know a lot and most of the techy stuff goes over my head (especially when it come to electrical), but I generally quick to learn and fairly understand, so please bear with me if I ask questions that may seem obvious. I will also search for answers prior to asking most of the time too but may still ask just to try and keep all the info in one thread.

I am currently debating on how to assemble mine. I understand ER is slow with responses and such, but I sent a email off to them asking for (begging for) the parts availability to make the canister, since they no longer stock them or sell the kit, but I would prefer to have the correct stuff from them rather than try and hack something together in my half understanding.
I am more inclined to make my own canister itself because I want to make it out of clear acrylic just so I can see what is going on inside.

Anyone have a HyCO Canister they are willing to part with? ...Please

This now is the part I am struggling on. I cant find suitable resources to make a decent container (without spending big bucks to have a pro special machine or fabricate one for me).
I want a 5" round container. Looking at PVC which may be the easiest, but there is no 5" PVC, its either 4 or 6 and they skip 5". 6 is too big to fit where I can put it and 4 may be too small to get my internals in it properly. I did find a 5"OD acrylic tube which would be awesome to use to be able to see inside of it, but I cant find 5" caps to plug the ends... and at that I want one of both of the end to have screw caps so I can get inside of it again if I need to for any reason.

I have had a question out to Eagle research for a couple weeks now without a response yet (I understand they are slow) in regards to this.
So again, does anyone have a canister available?
Or have plans, parts and sources to make one properly?

I appreciate any help.
Thanks

1986 AMC Eagle 4x4 4-door sedan with a straight carbed 258 I6
08-15-2008 06:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: ER HyCO 2A - Assembly and install
Well, I don't have anything like that, nor know where you can get one. I have that booklet too, and had intended to build one myself some day. Now if I can ever find the time for it...

My best guess is E-Bay if ER isn't selling them anymore. But as far as I know ER was the only source for those kits.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-15-2008 06:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MetalBird Offline

Ebay or internet search never comes up with anything other than the ER site and these forums, and there isnt much on these forums on the HyCO either.
If I can make or source some appropriate sized bubblers I will go ahead and try making one out of 4" PVC and fitting it all inside of that.
Thanks for the reply Mike.

08-18-2008 06:29 AM
Sartech Offline

I have a HYCO-2A kit complete I will sell for $200.00. Still in original box and never assembled. You will have to drill and tap everything as indicated in the manual. Do you have the manual?

Sartech

MetalBird Wrote:I started this over at MPG Research and want to ask it here as well for hopeful answers and guidance...
Ok, here is my official thread for my on running questions regarding the HyCO 2A I have the info on and want to make and install.
Warning: I am new to this and dont know a lot and most of the techy stuff goes over my head (especially when it come to electrical), but I generally quick to learn and fairly understand, so please bear with me if I ask questions that may seem obvious. I will also search for answers prior to asking most of the time too but may still ask just to try and keep all the info in one thread.

I am currently debating on how to assemble mine. I understand ER is slow with responses and such, but I sent a email off to them asking for (begging for) the parts availability to make the canister, since they no longer stock them or sell the kit, but I would prefer to have the correct stuff from them rather than try and hack something together in my half understanding.
I am more inclined to make my own canister itself because I want to make it out of clear acrylic just so I can see what is going on inside.

Anyone have a HyCO Canister they are willing to part with? ...Please

This now is the part I am struggling on. I cant find suitable resources to make a decent container (without spending big bucks to have a pro special machine or fabricate one for me).
I want a 5" round container. Looking at PVC which may be the easiest, but there is no 5" PVC, its either 4 or 6 and they skip 5". 6 is too big to fit where I can put it and 4 may be too small to get my internals in it properly. I did find a 5"OD acrylic tube which would be awesome to use to be able to see inside of it, but I cant find 5" caps to plug the ends... and at that I want one of both of the end to have screw caps so I can get inside of it again if I need to for any reason.

I have had a question out to Eagle research for a couple weeks now without a response yet (I understand they are slow) in regards to this.
So again, does anyone have a canister available?
Or have plans, parts and sources to make one properly?

I appreciate any help.
Thanks
08-18-2008 06:58 AM
MetalBird Offline

Sartech, that is awesome! Email sent...

08-18-2008 09:13 PM
HANK1948 Offline

Metalbird,
I just bought all the plans(for the Hyco 2A) and a carb enhancer from ER. I am looking forward to installing this unit, on a 62 Chevy Nova with a 194 L-6. It gets 20-21 right now Iam hoping to get into the 30's.
Keep us posted and I will do the same. It seems you can get preety good results with this and not all the damn electronics to fool around with.

1983 CC Chevy 1ton running on WVO and HHO
Always trying to stick it to the man!
08-21-2008 08:18 AM
mike Offline

Hi Hank,

I hate to tell you this, but the an EFIE is needed with HyCo units too. But only on fuel injected vehicles. A car with a carb doesn't need them, so you're OK. But with fuel injection, anything that increases combustion efficiency will run into computer troubles unless handled with electronics.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-21-2008 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MetalBird Offline

Hank, I will keep this thread posted with my progress. You post here as well!

My car is a carb, and actually would need a EFIE if it was still stock... the original Carter BBD feedback carb that was on the car used an O2 sensor and all that with a computer behind it ... BUT... I have changed the carb to a simple Motorcraft 2150, bypassed the computer, that rendered most of the computer useless, and I am now changing the dizzy to a drop in GM HEI rendering the ignition control module useless as well as the rest of the computer. So otherwise I would be in over my head if there were any more electronics to the setup. Honestly the "simple" wiring for the HyCO may be pushing the limits for my capabilities Smile

08-21-2008 03:05 PM
Sartech Offline

Hank1948,
If your vehicle is carb'd, you will need to do a carb enhancer per Eagle research. Depending on your carb, you will find good results even without combustion enhancement. However, the carb enhancer allows you a way to reduce the fuel consumed by the carb that is being replaced by the cold vapor. It has the inherent capability to increase the efficiency of the carburetor also. If you do not plan to reduce the amount of fuel consumed through the carb when adding vapor, I am afraid you will be disappointed in the results.

sartech
08-21-2008 05:41 PM
HANK1948 Offline

Sartech Wrote:Hank1948,
If your vehicle is carb'd, you will need to do a carb enhancer per Eagle research. Depending on your carb, you will find good results even without combustion enhancement. However, the carb enhancer allows you a way to reduce the fuel consumed by the carb that is being replaced by the cold vapor. It has the inherent capability to increase the efficiency of the carburetor also. If you do not plan to reduce the amount of fuel consumed through the carb when adding vapor, I am afraid you will be disappointed in the results.

sartech

Sartech,
Thanks for the reply, in my post I stated that I also bought a carb enhancer as well as the plans for the HyCO. The car is a 1962 of course it doesnt one thing that resembles a computer on it!. It doesnt even have a PCV system it vents to the bottom of the car, so of course Iam going to have to install a PCV system on it. I hope I will get some good results

1983 CC Chevy 1ton running on WVO and HHO
Always trying to stick it to the man!
08-21-2008 05:57 PM