Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easy ? with no answer # 2
Donor Offline

Sad Easy ? with no answer # 2
If the resevoir is a bubbler tank as well what is the purpose for another bubbler ? Extra cleaning or scrubbing of electrolyte before getting sucked in the engine ?
01-19-2012 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Easy ? with no answer # 2
I personally don't use the reservoir as a bubbler. The electrolyte will make the fluid foam up if you were to run bubbles through it.

In fact, I don't use a bubbler at all any more. I only use a water trap and a filter to protect against any electrolyte getting into the engine. Actually, the reservoir is a water trap as well, but I use a water trap after the reservoir, because with the motions of driving, electrolyte can get sloshed up and into the outlet hose from the reservoir. So I use a water trap to collect that. After that, I use a 5 micron filter to catch anything that gets past the water trap.

I've never had trouble with a back flash. I'm convinced that bubbblers aren't needed, but if anyone has an experience they'd like to share about this point, I'm all ears.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2012 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmissionO Offline
So close to the edge its untrue

We have had one incident of flashback on a HHO cell. The cell continued to run whilst the engine was not running and when started a loud bang was heard from the engine. Luckily we had a pressure relief valve on the cell but still this was not enough and the resultant explosion cracked the cell casing which we now use as a sacrificial item should it ever happen again.
01-26-2012 01:26 PM
mike Offline

We're talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about when the engine backfires and then ignites the HHO in the line. You're talking about a system that has no safety configuration so that the cell can operate when the engine is not running. This is very dangerous.

We make a system that has 2 methods of preventing HHO production when the engine isn't running. I strongly advise you do something similar with yours. Actually here's a link to an article I wrote on how you can achieve that with just a relay: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/safe-power-control . We use (basically) that same method in our systems, but we also monitor the system voltage, and when it drops below 12 volts (which it does when the alternator stops turning), then it also shuts down.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-02-2012 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amos33 Offline

Good post Mike. I just discovered something I need for my "M4" system. I hooked it up and was letting it run then came later to check and found it leaking everywhere. To my 'chagrin' I discovered I did not hook up the output hose and so pressure leaks began everywhere.

since it happened to me, I think i will look for a pressure swtich that will trun the system off if the pressure reaches a certain point unless you already know of a method.

I am a Christian
05-14-2012 09:31 AM
mike Offline

I'm sorry. We don't have a system for detecting pressure. But I'm not sure why you need this. If the hose is connected to the engine intake, it will always have a place to go. I don't think I fully understand the problem.

Visit Our Documents Page
05-14-2012 09:46 AM