Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Effects of HHO
Nick_Greyden Offline

Effects of HHO
So it appears all of us are interested in saving gas and/or saving the planet (I personally am a greedy fool who loves to save money at the expense of big oil and if I can get the tree hugging hippies to leave me alone that's just a bonus!). To do this with much effect requires an EFIE and possibly more mods to make sure you vehicle responds correctly (or at least they way we want it) to our mods.

So what happens if you run one without the EFIE/other mods. My GUESS is that you have an increase in combusion power coupled with increase in pressure before combustion (which in and of itself would conserve energy like running a higher octane of gasoline) but would this result in more engine power? Would it result in engine damage?

And the big scary question is.... what happens when you mix Gasoline, HHO, and NOS?

NO I'M NOT DOING THIS!!! But yes this question was posed to me from a gear head ametuer racing friend. So anyone know?
07-01-2008 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nick_Greyden Offline

RE: Effects of HHO
anyone know?
07-03-2008 07:15 AM
Malice 1 Offline

Me and Herronperformance are also racing guys. I'm building an HHo gen right now, and once it's done I plan on going to the 1/4 mile to find out how much faster the car is with HHO. I imagine it won't make much of a difference, but I'm still gonna try it.

I'm not gonna spray N2o on top of it though. I remember reading somewhere that the HHo acts as an octane booster allowing you to run a larger shot or run more aggressive timing, but I'm not 100% sure.

1994 Chevy camaro Z28 5.7L V8 M6
33mpg & climbing
07-03-2008 07:48 AM
Nick_Greyden Offline

Well if you don't blow up, let me know how you did!

And if anyone is dumb.... I mean insane enough to shoot Nitro on top of it and lives to tell the tale, I wanna hear as well :-)
07-03-2008 11:53 PM