Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Efie adjustment
crm391 Offline

Efie adjustment
Hello everyone,I currently have a 2000 geo metro 1.0 5 speed, just installed my efie, I had it at .550 but it would cut out and stumble then take off. I slowly adjusted it back to .460 and it smoothed out and runs fine. I drive this car 125 miles 1 way to work, I will keep you advised off my New MPG. I will be installing the hydrogen generator soon. I have been getting 39 MPG prior to the Efie at 70 MPH. Curious to see what improvement there is.
03-18-2008 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Efie adjustment
That setting is too high. Please reduce it until you have installed your hydrogen generator. The EFIE is not really intended to be used by itself, but at lower settings can probably give you some fuel savings safely.

I'm surprise you're able to run it at .46 without getting a check engine light. The reason is that the computer will interpret anything above .45 volts as "high", and if the signal it receives never goes below .45 volts, it should disregard the sensor (and throw a trouble light). If it does this, it will richen the mixture and your mileage will actually get worse.

If this is not happening, then great. But if you find your fuel mileage actually got worse, you'll have some idea of what's going on.

Definitely let me know if you get results different from what I'm saying here. I always want to know when things work out different from the theoretical.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-18-2008 07:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crm391 Offline

You were right on the money, My mileage went to 34 MPG from 39. At what incriments should I adjust down .25, .50, please advise as the motor actually runs good but did give a code for running lean on bank 1. I have reset the code and will adjust based on your recommendation. Thanks. By the way who makes the best Hydrogen system and at what cost?
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2008 04:11 AM by crm391.)
03-19-2008 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I'm sorry. I don't answer that question. I make my EFIEs, and my support forum open to suppliers of different electrolysers and I don't want to alienate them by playing favorites. Sorry.

But I would recommend the HyZor plans from eagle-research.com. It costs $22 for the plans to build an excellent HHO unit yourself.

Another resource: you might go through the posts on this forum and send private messages to the guys here who have posted. Just click on the person's ID, and you'll get a screen that has an option to send a private message to them. Most of them will be happy to tell you what kind of results they're getting on the units they bought and what they paid for them. I just prefer that these conversations be carried on privately.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-19-2008 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply