Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Efie or map adjust ?
wrench Offline

Efie or map adjust ?
I have a 2000 ford expedition (4.6 L) and just made up a smack booster, did not dimple the plates,but installing air valve on bottom of unit. I would like to know if I can get away with only adding the pot to the MAF sensor as I do not have a MAP sensor ?
How important is the EFIE compared to adjusting the MAF?
I do have acess to a ford scan tool.
Thankyou
05-23-2008 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Efie or map adjust ?
The MAF handling is fine. You should do this. The EFIE is still also needed to maximize your fuel mileage gains from your smack. Of course, I may be prejudiced since I sell EFIEs. But I still say it's the most important sensor to tune.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-23-2008 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wrench Offline

mike Wrote:The MAF handling is fine. You should do this. The EFIE is still also needed to maximize your fuel mileage gains from your smack. Of course, I may be prejudiced since I sell EFIEs. But I still say it's the most important sensor to tune.

thanks mike
what increase have you noticed in the v-8 range ?
I like your idea on how to wire in the efie
this is a great forum,I have spent countless hours reading !
05-24-2008 04:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I'm glad you like the forum. Smile

Mileage increase varies. The EFIE only allows you to get the gains from your HHO gen that the computer will block without the EFIE. If you have a good HHO gen, you'll get greater gains from the EFIE. If you have an inefficient HHO gen, the EFIE won't get you much gain until you get a good gen in place.

An EFIE by itself, for instance, will only get you minimal gains. It wasn't designed for that purpose.

I know you're probably looking for a number, a percentage increase. But I can't give you one. If you search the forum though, you'll find some numbers where guys tried to make HHO gens work, then later got EFIEs and report the percent increase they got.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-24-2008 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply