Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Efie running and scanning
Farmer2 Offline

Efie running and scanning
Ok, I have a 04' buick century 3.1 engine V6.
I am producing 1.5 lpm HHO at 15 amps.

No matter where I have the efie settings I get no better or worse results.

I hooked up my hptuners scanner today and have almost 1 amp instead of 825 ma on the o2 sensor. I turn the efie and generator off and it goes to my 825 ma nicely. Every time I turn the efie and the generator on it goes right back to the wave of 200 to 1 amp up and down. Funny thing is if I have the efie and generator on and read the output of the o2 sensor on the efie I am getting 825 ma and not 1 amp.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here and how to correct this!

Thanks, Dave
03-19-2018 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Efie running and scanning
I'm not sure how to help you. You have narrow band sensors on the Buick. The computer doesn't measure amperage at all. It measures voltage. So, I'm not sure what is going on or how to help you yet. The output of narrow band EFIEs is calculated for voltage not amperage.

Note, wideband sensors communicate via amperage, but you don't have wide band sensors. Hence, my confusion.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2018 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmer2 Offline

(03-20-2018 09:00 AM)mike Wrote:  I'm not sure how to help you. You have narrow band sensors on the Buick. The computer doesn't measure amperage at all. It measures voltage. So, I'm not sure what is going on or how to help you yet. The output of narrow band EFIEs is calculated for voltage not amperage.

Note, wideband sensors communicate via amperage, but you don't have wide band sensors. Hence, my confusion.

My bad on the 1 end I meant to state ma. With that said why is it doing tgat?
(03-20-2018 09:35 AM)Farmer2 Wrote:  
(03-20-2018 09:00 AM)mike Wrote:  I'm not sure how to help you. You have narrow band sensors on the Buick. The computer doesn't measure amperage at all. It measures voltage. So, I'm not sure what is going on or how to help you yet. The output of narrow band EFIEs is calculated for voltage not amperage.

My bad on the 1 end I meant to state ma. With that said why is it doing tgat?

Dang auto correct.....mv! !!
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2018 09:36 AM by Farmer2.)
03-20-2018 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ah, ok. No problem.

The voltage is not significant for o2 sensors. By that I mean, how high it goes. o2 sensors work on a 2 valued logic. Either it's high or its low. The computer doesn't register how high it is, or how low it is. It just notes whether its above it's midpoint (about .45 volts) or below it. The Digital EFIE is designed to cheat towards being high more often than the o2 sensor signal sent to it. But the amplitude of the changes is not significant.

Compare that to wideband sensors which give the computer a curve of readings, each of which is a different air/fuel ratio.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2018 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply