Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Efie, single or dual. turning on?
jjw2564 Offline

Efie, single or dual. turning on?
I have a question about 2003 saturn vue. Is it a dual or singal Efie. I have the wiring diagram and I still have questions. Its a four wire o2 sensor. Wh wire 12v, PU wire Ho2S High Signal Sensor 1, TN wire Ho2S Low Signal Sensor 1, and theres D-GN wire Ho2S Heater Low Control Sensor 1. Here is the wire diagram http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairG...28024f86a.

It shows two o2 sensors but the one down stream I guess does not change fuel, just for reading only.

So is my one sensor a singal or dual o2 sensor, and do i control the High signal or the Low signal. Does the Efie and the hho gas have to turn on the same time or should one turn on first to give it time to work. Should the gas coome on minute before the efie comes on.
03-01-2009 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Efie, single or dual. turning on?
The V-6 (3.0 Liter) uses 2 sensors upstream of the catalytic converter, and 2 downstream. YOu would need a Dual EFIE Deluxe

The 4 cylinder version (2.2 liter) uses a single upstream sensor and a single downstream sensor, so you would need a Single EFIE Deluxe.

I looked these up using our Alldata subscription.

The signal wire will be labeled as signal high. Sig low is signal ground.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2009 01:27 PM by mike.)
03-01-2009 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

(03-01-2009 07:52 AM)jjw2564 Wrote:  Does the Efie and the hho gas have to turn on the same time or should one turn on first to give it time to work. Should the gas coome on minute before the efie comes on.

The efie Mike sells has a time-delay (to help with cold starts) so when the efie is turned on, it takes about 5 minutes to take effect. It makes no difference which gets powered up first.

Both your hho and efie will take a few minutes to get up to maximum. Most people turn them both on at the same time.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-01-2009 01:47 PM
jjw2564 Offline

Thanks for the info guys. I installed the singal efie and used the high signal wire. After playing with the efie for a little bit I got it set at .209 millvolts. That should not be to lean to start with. I drove it and turned it them both on. I did not notice a difference. Drove the same, I thought I woud have felt something if it worked. Like a stumble or something until the hho took over. Is the only way to tell if the system is working is by the calculating mpg.
I only had one problem with the hho gen. I did the upside down 2 liter bottle, and it did a lpm untill it got to the very last bit of water. Then the gen stopped putting out hho. I had to blow into my check valve to get it to put out hho again. Then started comming out again at a great amount. That happend twice. There are no leaks. I pressurized the cell and it holds great. just would hate the gen to quit when im driving and not know it.
03-01-2009 02:17 PM
colchiro Offline

Maybe you have a loose electrical connection? I wouldn't use the efie until you get this resolved.

209 mv is ok if you have a cell that produces. I'd recommend starting out at a more-conservative 100 mv.

MPG is your best determiner if this is working.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-01-2009 02:35 PM