Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electrolyte NaOH concentrations?
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

Electrolyte NaOH concentrations?
If I use 100% Lye for household use, sold as Rooto 1lb at Ace Hardware or 2lb Rhoebic at Lowes...

And I mix at 1Tbsp/Gallon of water, how do I calculate the percent concentration?

1 Gallon = 256 Tbp- so I have 1/257= .0039- is it only .39% solution?

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
11-14-2008 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ptours99 Offline

RE: Electrolyte NaOH concentrations?
rudagray Wrote:If I use 100% Lye for household use, sold as Rooto 1lb at Ace Hardware or 2lb Rhoebic at Lowes...

And I mix at 1Tbsp/Gallon of water, how do I calculate the percent concentration?

that sounds about right,what are you trying to do.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
11-15-2008 03:57 PM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

RE: Electrolyte NaOH concentrations?
ptours99 Wrote:
rudagray Wrote:If I use 100% Lye for household use, sold as Rooto 1lb at Ace Hardware or 2lb Rhoebic at Lowes...

that sounds about right,what are you trying to do.

It was for something else non-HHO related that required a 2% NaOH Solution- 3D model Cleaning...

FYI- I only made the above ~.4% solution as that was all I felt comfortable working with and it worked great... I later calculated the % concentration and discovered how low it actually was, but I don't plan to go above .8% for that purpose- might be able to reduce the soak time if I do.- Sorry to go off topic somewhat.

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
11-17-2008 01:20 PM