Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elininate danger.
Rogervan Offline

Elininate danger.
Hi I'm Roger and I'm a completely new, no knowledge about this gas.

I see that Brown's Gas is like rocket fuel; it contains it's own oxidizer. Am I right to be afraid that some stray spark inside some kind of a HHO container or conduit will make it explode? I already proved to myself that I can make gallons of this stuff. I just don't want to get killed. Ultimately I want to pressurize it.

It's always true that you get less out of a system than you put in, but that does not apply to economics. Creating Browns Gas to be used to boost the compression in car engines may be way cheaper than the gasoline it displaces (I assume this means I just don't press as hard on the gas pedal.).

Roger
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2009 01:34 PM by Rogervan.)
12-01-2009 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paulusgnome Offline

RE: Elininate danger.
Roger,

The gas is a stoichometric mix of oxygen and hydrogen, and yes, it will explode violently if ignited by a spark.
If you are planning to pressurise/compress it, you are much braver than I, but your chances of surviving the inevitable explosion aint great.
12-01-2009 06:10 PM
thomasbala Offline

RE: Elininate danger.
(12-01-2009 01:29 PM)Rogervan Wrote:  Hi I'm Roger and I'm a completely new, no knowledge about this gas.

I see that Brown's Gas is like rocket fuel; it contains it's own oxidizer. Am I right to be afraid that some stray spark inside some kind of a HHO container or conduit will make it explode? I already proved to myself that I can make gallons of this stuff. I just don't want to get killed. Ultimately I want to pressurize it.

It's always true that you get less out of a system than you put in, but that does not apply to economics. Creating Browns Gas to be used to boost the compression in car engines may be way cheaper than the gasoline it displaces (I assume this means I just don't press as hard on the gas pedal.).

Roger
Roger:

You don't compress HHO for the same reason that oxygen and acetylene are kept in separate containers.
12-01-2009 07:36 PM