Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engine size vs HHO discussion
sax88player Offline

Engine size vs HHO discussion
Hey guys, I am starting to notice a trend that maybe is all just in my head, but I have a little 1.5 liter motor (93 hp), and I can't seem to push any more then 45-48mpg out of it. But those who have a bit larger motors seem to be doing much better. I think, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that bigger motors need less horsepower to maintain a speed then smaller ones do.

I got my scanguage and have been using it to watch the Load meter and how it really seems to determine the mileage. I just have to have my foot on the gas harder to maintain a speed then my friend who has a 2.(something) motor.

Anyone else notice this or have any input?

~Cory
12-16-2008 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alpha-dog Offline

RE: Engine size vs HHO discussion
sax88player Wrote:Hey guys, I am starting to notice a trend that maybe is all just in my head, but I have a little 1.5 liter motor (93 hp), and I can't seem to push any more then 45-48mpg out of it. But those who have a bit larger motors seem to be doing much better. I think, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that bigger motors need less horsepower to maintain a speed then smaller ones do.

I got my scanguage and have been using it to watch the Load meter and how it really seems to determine the mileage. I just have to have my foot on the gas harder to maintain a speed then my friend who has a 2.(something) motor.

Anyone else notice this or have any input?

~Cory

A lot of variables there to consider. Do you need to get it a tune up? Hows the compression in the cylinders? Rolling resistance of the tires have an effect. Take it in and have a mechanic look it over.
Russ
12-16-2008 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply