Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engines just love water vapor?
LadyRebel Offline

Cool Engines just love water vapor?
Who'da thunk that? Shocked Hello. Newbie here. We've been experimenting with simple water vaporizer and electroyzer. DH's car is 97 Ford T-Bird. He's driving 100 miles per day work commute. So his is an excellent experiment. Wanted something simple and low cost to test so built simple electrolyzer by Ozzie w/ 316L stainless wire tower, bubbler, check valve, baking soda, distilled water, plugged line into air intake, wired to an old cell phone adaptor 12 v to plug into cig lighter to control off/on. Also, has the 2 cell system sitting in the back floorboard to tweak. NOte: DH is Very safety concious if anything sounds alarming. Builds scary things for a living.

Results:

Regular mileage 26 mpg - trip per day 100 miles, limited traffic. To get mileage - fill up, drive, fill up - divide miles by gallons on 2nd fill. (quick & dirty method)

1st day trial - 26 mpg - same as usual (100 miles limited traffic) (blows steam - 1 1/2 tsp baking soda - too much runs hot)
2nd day trial - 14 mpg - EGADS! but we're all excited - the HHO is doing SomethinG! (ride sharer scoffs - told you it wouldn't work!) backed off to 1/2 tsp baking soda - studies up on MAP sensor enhancers hoping for easy fix. Nah. Gotta have EFIE.
3rd day trial - unplugs electricity - uses only water/vaporizer - 52 MPG! with only WATER vapor! Crazy We are stunned with disbelief. (Must be a mistake. Is there any way the guys are putting gas in your car? No.)
4th day trial - unplugged - 54 MPG. (ride sharer wants one for his truck.)
5th day trial - unplugged - 53 mpg - different driver, different direction.

Okay. We're Gasp amazed/stunned and can't wait to see what HHO will do. But we're not car electrical people and gotta have EFIE. We've been stressing out over where to get, how to use/install and hunting everywhere for info, then Found you here and it doesn't seem so alien/scary to journey into resistors and sensors. Bless you all!

We cannot wait to read and share more info. This (HHO) is the most exciting thing I've seen in years: cars, lawnmowers, off grid houses - but I'm getting ahead of myself. We have about 20 folks breathing on us every night to get HHO in their cars. Currently 4 other test cars - all with only water vapor/no electricity for now with improvements in mileage. Will keep you posted. Also, ordering EFIEs.

Thank you so MUCH. Sorry to be so long.

LadyRebel
05-09-2008 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LadyRebel Offline

RE: Engines just love water vapor?
I forgot to add - much smoother acceleration and idling, more power, and no pinging valves. Just from water. I'm truly stunned.
05-09-2008 09:03 PM
Handyman2007 Offline

How are you just generating the water vapor? Am I missing something??
05-09-2008 09:10 PM
LadyRebel Offline

Hey Handyman.

The cell is on a vacuum line and it is sucking water vapor from the cell. When the small valve was opened too much actual steam came out the tail pipe. Turning the valve down a couple of notches stopped the steam, but the cell still "bubbles."

Doesn't make much sense to me either.

LadyRebel
05-09-2008 09:17 PM
mike Offline

Oh, so you're using ozzie's unit with no power to it, just using the bubbler function? And getting that mileage increase?

That's pretty amazing. Although I don't disbelieve it. Water vapor is one of the truly workable technologies for fuel savings. But I hadn't heard of such a simple rig getting such results.

Was anything else done? Did you get your MAP enhancer going too? Or was it really just the water with vacuum pulling some air through?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-10-2008 01:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Handyman2007 Offline

OK. I am really confused here. If you have an HHO cell and there is no electricity going to it , you have nothing more than a container of water. How is that still "bubbling" with no power going to it?
In order to create water vapor, there has to be some heat source or way to agitate the water to cause eveaporation to make vapor correct?
05-10-2008 06:39 AM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

Handyman2007 Wrote:OK. I am really confused here. If you have an HHO cell and there is no electricity going to it , you have nothing more than a container of water. How is that still "bubbling" with no power going to it?
In order to create water vapor, there has to be some heat source or way to agitate the water to cause eveaporation to make vapor correct?

I know that the Ozzie setup (water4gas) uses the same "bubbler" (which really isn't a bubbler at all) as I do. It is an adjustable dripper valve that you can turn to allow air into the water via a clear aquatube. This creates a steady stream of actual air bubbles that "bubble" through the tube and up the water. You can increase or decrease this by turning the adjustment knob.
I assume the water vapor he's speaking of is steam created by the engine heat. He's combing this steam along with however much oxygen he's allowing through the dripper valve. This combination (mainly the oxygen I imagine) is probably increasing the octane of the present gasoline. I would be worried about the valves. Smile
05-10-2008 11:52 AM
LadyRebel Offline

mike Wrote:Oh, so you're using ozzie's unit with no power to it, just using the bubbler function? And getting that mileage increase?

Yes, and 7 days and counting.

<snip>

Was anything else done? Did you get your MAP enhancer going too? Or was it really just the water with vacuum pulling some air through?

Hasn't done anything else yet. Thanks Mike. : )

LadyRebel
05-11-2008 11:59 AM
LadyRebel Offline

Handyman2007 Wrote:I know that the Ozzie setup (water4gas) uses the same "bubbler" (which really isn't a bubbler at all) as I do. It is an adjustable dripper valve that you can turn to allow air into the water via a clear aquatube. This creates a steady stream of actual air bubbles that "bubble" through the tube and up the water. You can increase or decrease this by turning the adjustment knob.
I assume the water vapor he's speaking of is steam created by the engine heat. He's combing this steam along with however much oxygen he's allowing through the dripper valve. This combination (mainly the oxygen I imagine) is probably increasing the octane of the present gasoline. I would be worried about the valves. Smile

The oxygen idea makes sense, and he doesn't seem worried about the valves. He uses some kind of coating in his engine - like Slick50? Can't remember what he called it. Which brings me to a question. (next post)
05-11-2008 12:04 PM
LadyRebel Offline

Does anyone here know about/use Xado?
http://www.xado-usa.com/
It looks like it solves some problems.

Thanks for the input.
05-11-2008 12:09 PM