Poll: are you for or against Ethanol in gas ?
For
Against
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ethanol Poll
joe38socalif Offline

Ethanol Poll
Please let me know if you are for or against Ethanol in gas?

CALL YOU CONGRESS MEN AND OR LOCAL LEGISLATOR AND TELL THEM TO REMOVE ETHANOL FROM ARE FUEL. TELL THEM FOOD ON THE TABLES OF AMERICANS IS MORE IMPORTANT AND KILL THE ETHANOL FROM CORN DEAL. ETHANOL FROM CORN CAUSES EVERYONE TO PAY MORE FOR FOOD.
11-30-2008 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

RE: Ethanol Poll
joe38socalif Wrote:Please let me know if you are for or against Ethanol in gas?

Since adding 10% ethanol to the gasoline my mileage dropped 10%, I see no logical benefit to doing it.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
12-01-2008 05:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timmtbird Offline

when gas prices where high ethanol was 50ct cheaper say 15g tank you would save $7.50.

there is no need reason to fight ethanol.

I say when gas is high ethanol all the way!
12-01-2008 06:23 AM
gtkco Offline

timmtbird Wrote:when gas prices where high ethanol was 50ct cheaper say 15g tank you would save $7.50.
That assumes that the savings get passed on. My local BP just switched to ethanol. It was always the exact same price as the non-ethanol guy accross the street. And the two of them are always about 10c higher than another group of stations that I use. You know what? Nothings changed! Big surprise. So if you are a gas station owner or oil company it suuuure is the way to go! You increase your profits per gallon while forcing your customer to fill up more often because of poorer mpg. And of course, most folks won't notice the slightly less mpg or think it is due to something else. A sneeky increase in profits and the customer is none the wiser. Such a deal!
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 06:51 AM by gtkco.)
12-01-2008 06:46 AM
joe38socalif Offline

Come on folks, had over 56 people look at this post but only 7 people voted.

It only takes a second.

click on for
or
click on Against.

everyone is intitled to ones own opinion and there is no wrong answer.

im just trying to see what everyone thinks.

CALL YOU CONGRESS MEN AND OR LOCAL LEGISLATOR AND TELL THEM TO REMOVE ETHANOL FROM ARE FUEL. TELL THEM FOOD ON THE TABLES OF AMERICANS IS MORE IMPORTANT AND KILL THE ETHANOL FROM CORN DEAL. ETHANOL FROM CORN CAUSES EVERYONE TO PAY MORE FOR FOOD.
12-01-2008 01:17 PM
colchiro Offline

joe38socalif Wrote:Come on folks, had over 56 people look at this post but only 7 people voted.

It only takes a second.

click on for
or
click on Against.

everyone is intitled to ones own opinion and there is no wrong answer.

im just trying to see what everyone thinks.

Maybe they have a bad taste in their mouth from the other ethanol thread.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-01-2008 03:16 PM
DragonWhip Offline

Hey folks, I voted for. Last Dec. I bought a plug and play for my Jeep and by May it was payed for and now everything is frosting. The things I hear here most is the loss of MPG and indeed there is but on the summer blend and last years gas prices the spread not only covers that but gave me sometimes an extra 2 miles per dollar over gas. Add to that I checked my plugs and at this rate I could keep them for years, very clean. The Biggest problem once again is the oil companies, they don't pass the blending credit on to the consumer. Where I live we have " Renew " independent ethanol producer who also has their own stations where they keep a good price spread. If Anyone has a problem with Ethanol then look to your "friendly oil companies " because they love you and will keep gouging you till the end of time and the gas lovers who ran that last ethanol thread keep the oil companies empowered. HHo, ethanol, wind, solar, and even wood gas if you want and let the public decide. I just want a choice other then oilarchy. Later.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 04:37 PM by DragonWhip.)
12-01-2008 04:35 PM
mattsauto Offline

Here in Ontario, Canada is the same: 10-15% ethanol in the gas is mandatory blend, but with fuel pre-heater and HHO set-up with "lean burn" I'm still gaining milage...so...can't complain...and you are helping the CORN FARMERS...my vote is YES.
12-01-2008 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joe38socalif Offline

why do you think that is Rick, could of it been because of your bad reaction and uncalled for remarks.

As for a choice in Gas, Hey im all for that too, However we dont have a choice right now, you cant buy Ethanol free fuel.

I have a boat, two bikes, and a jet ski and i cant run them becasue I cant run Ethanol in them.

12-01-2008 05:25 PM
colchiro Offline

They use 85% ethanol in toys like that all the time in the E85 forum. You'll be fine with 10%.

I nothing wrong with disclosing the pros if you're going to disclose the cons. Besides anti-ethanol is unAmerican.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 05:36 PM by colchiro.)
12-01-2008 05:33 PM