Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exclusive HHO powered motors?
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

Question Exclusive HHO powered motors?
I understand that the combustion of HHO alone is hot enough to demolish any engine... but if so, how are the few stories of HHO powered ONLY vehicles (like Herman P. Anderson) possible?

Here's a Youtube link to a news piece done on a New Zealand man who modified his motorbike to run soley on HHO.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FW_LQqJk740

What are your thoughts?
Could modifications be made to a vechicle to make this possible?
04-23-2008 06:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Exclusive HHO powered motors?
I think so. But it's above my pay grade. I don't know how it's done. In theory it shouldn't be possible to create the hydrogen from the power of the engine. There are losses of energy at each conversion: 1) mechanical to electrical (alternator), 2) electrical to chemical (electrolysis), and chemical to mechanical (burning the gas). I've heard the stories too, but I don't know how it's done. I've also heard that these stories end with the inventor having a fatal accident.

I've only been working in the field of supplementation. I want to live longer.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

mike Wrote:I've only been working in the field of supplementation. I want to live longer.

lol. so true... so true.
04-23-2008 11:50 AM
Greg Offline

Exclusive HHO powered motors have several specific dificulties to overcome
1. All fuel lines must be of substinces that will not hydrolise and crack (nickle or stainless steal)
2 DOT aproved storage of fuel
3 a system of cooling the burn in the firing chamber
4 on board production of HHO and the second law of thurmodynamics

I have read about several ways of dealing with the problem of cooling the burn (problem #3,) but the most reliable in my line of thinking is to run a secondary line of injectors for water injection
water injection has been used to cool the burn in NHRA drag racing for a long time and is not a new technology

BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mozda, and Mitsubishi all have models that run strictly on hydrogen, however the two closest to going into actual production are the BMW (an m-3 an m-5 and I think an x-7), and Mozda (an rx-8 and an mx-5 miata)

Mozda was saposed to import the hydrogen powerd mx-5 miata this year as a California package if the state had enugh hydrogen stations by 07, but they did not

It is importent to note that all of theas modles run on hydrogen in compresed tanks (like a "NOS" tank),and do not use on board HHO production, probably due to problem #4

this is my primary entrist when it comes to hydrogen so if you know anny one that could bounce ideas send them my way

PS- haven't heard of anny one from BMW or Mozda going missing.....yet, LOL
05-01-2008 10:23 AM
redfish99999 Offline

This Dude named Faraday....
Several centuries ago said that 'you don't get something for nothing'....more specifically, energy cannot be created from no energy'.........

Expecting an engine to run continuously on energy that it produces is not realistic...... Run 'till the drain reaches a low level....Yes....
05-02-2008 10:24 AM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: This Dude named Faraday....
redfish99999 Wrote:Several centuries ago said that 'you don't get something for nothing'....more specifically, energy cannot be created from no energy'.........

Expecting an engine to run continuously on energy that it produces is not realistic...... Run 'till the drain reaches a low level....Yes....

The question here is whether it is plausible for a motor to run exclusively on HHO. Obviously, the battery would have to be re-charged eventually. An alternator and combining a good solar cell spot on the vehicle may be a good enhancer to prolong that effort.
05-02-2008 03:46 PM
redfish99999 Offline

Hello Wulf**
The engineer in me (albeit antique) says that an internal combustion engine will run on H..... but a H cell will be required to fuel it......

A lot of re-timing and re-sensoring would be required....... But, IMHO, this is where it's at.............

If we can envision H stations that generate their H from sun, wind, tides, bio, this is so exciting.....

The HHO supplement is a fantastic first step.........
05-05-2008 01:49 PM
scmx Offline

RE: This Dude named Faraday....
redfish99999 Wrote:Several centuries ago said that 'you don't get something for nothing'....more specifically, energy cannot be created from no energy'.........

This concept keeps coming up and it has NOTHING to do with getting HHO from water.

Water has an immense amount of energy stored inside. Releasing that energy is in no way the same as creating that energy.

When the energy is extracted, the water disappears and you must keep adding water to keep the process going. The important source of energy is the water, NOT the small amount of electricity it takes to release it.

It is certainly possible to use the hydrogen from the water to power the car and also drive the alternator to produce the small amount of power to release more hydrogen.

This is NOT a perpetual motion concept... but... you can have motion perpetually as long as you have a supply of water.

There's more energy in a gallon of water than there is in a gallon of crude oil. The HHO extraction process just takes the place of the oil refinery.

Plants separate water into hydrogen and oxygen all day long just using energy from the sun. Certainly nature is far ahead of us in knowing how to economically get the energy required.

The coolest thing is that water contains the most explosive combination of elements known and, unlike crude oil, it is the safest thing around.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 12:02 PM by scmx.)
05-13-2008 12:00 PM