Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extra wires on the EFIE
keenman11 Offline

Extra wires on the EFIE
Mike I am looking at the single & double EFIE's. The single has an extra black & white wire, the Double has two extra black & white wires. What are these for & where in the installation instructions are they connected?:question:
02-01-2008 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Extra wires on the EFIE
Hi,

The only black/white wire pair(s) are internal, which go from the panel mount trimming resistor to the circuit board. I don't think this is what you're talking about though. Both the Dual and Single EFIEs have 1 white and 1 black in the hookup cable, and they are used as per the installation instructions.

I don't think I understand what you're talking about. Please snap a picture and send it to me.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-01-2008 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
keenman11 Offline

mike Wrote:Hi,

The only black/white wire pair(s) are internal, which go from the panel mount trimming resistor to the circuit board. I don't think this is what you're talking about though. Both the Dual and Single EFIEs have 1 white and 1 black in the hookup cable, and they are used as per the installation instructions.

I don't think I understand what you're talking about. Please snap a picture and send it to me.

Mike,
Those are the wires I was talking about. I was looking at the picture at the bottom of the page were the picture of the double EFIE is to order (larger image). So in the cable for the double that I am about to order there are 6 wires for the hookup?
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2008 03:27 PM by keenman11.)
02-02-2008 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Oh, I see. Yes. 6 wires in the hookup cable. The black/white pairs you see (1 pair in the Single EFIE) are for the panel mount adjustment potentiometer. The wires in the hookup cable are as described in the Install Instructions.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-02-2008 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply