Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally 100% increase in economy.
hoozadoctor Offline

Finally 100% increase in economy.
WE carried out two road tests and got great results. We increased our mileage by over 100%.

Test Vehicle a 4 cylinder Toyota.

Tyre pressure 15 PSI.
Windows open.
Pack rack on the top of the car loaded with 4 large suitcases.
We had 2 sacks of potatoes in the boot 200KG
There was 4 passenger in the car all weighed over 20 stone.
the hand brake was on
Our test route was for 120 Kilometres at the bottom of the ranges to the top, about 70% of the trip was up hill and windy roads.
the road was unsealed.
An 80kPH head wind.
Airconditioner running.
headlights and driving lights on.
Result 15 MPG

On the next test we made a few minor alterations and of cause turned the hydrogen on.

Our route was from the top of the ranges to the bottom. 120 Km
Windows closed.
Pack rack and luggage was removed.
Boot was empty.
No passengers only the driver 10 stone
Hand brake off
Lights off
36psi tyre pressure
lovely straight sealed road.
90KPH tail wind.
EFIE working.
separate battery supplying the electricity for the cells.
Modifications to MAP, MAF, ECT, and air temperature sensors all working.
Timing adjusted

results 31.2 MPG

Thats more than a 100% increased.

The only down side was that it too about 2 hrs to make these minor adjustments before we did the second run.

Doc
07-24-2008 03:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nismotekk Offline

RE: Finally 100% increase in economy.
hoozadoctor Wrote:WE carried out two road tests and got great results. We increased our mileage by over 100%.

Test Vehicle a 4 cylinder Toyota.

Tyre pressure 15 PSI.
Windows open.
Pack rack on the top of the car loaded with 4 large suitcases.
We had 2 sacks of potatoes in the boot 200KG
There was 4 passenger in the car all weighed over 20 stone.
the hand brake was on
Our test route was for 120 Kilometres at the bottom of the ranges to the top, about 70% of the trip was up hill and windy roads.
the road was unsealed.
An 80kPH head wind.
Airconditioner running.
headlights and driving lights on.
Result 15 MPG

On the next test we made a few minor alterations and of cause turned the hydrogen on.

Our route was from the top of the ranges to the bottom. 120 Km
Windows closed.
Pack rack and luggage was removed.
Boot was empty.
No passengers only the driver 10 stone
Hand brake off
Lights off
36psi tyre pressure
lovely straight sealed road.
90KPH tail wind.
EFIE working.
separate battery supplying the electricity for the cells.
Modifications to MAP, MAF, ECT, and air temperature sensors all working.
Timing adjusted

results 31.2 MPG

Thats more than a 100% increased.

The only down side was that it too about 2 hrs to make these minor adjustments before we did the second run.

Doc

HaHa... let me guess, in regards to the "SWRI report"?
07-24-2008 04:17 AM
Gary Offline

Obviously, but the report as I saw it had the very same things done to the test vehicles that I have done, or am doing to my rigs. I do not see this as "flawed logic", only common sense in regards to a nonamateur starting point. And they did comparisons, so it's not like they left out anything, unless I missed something.
Seeing negative posts in places like the Antique Auto Owners Club, I felt like these guys, for all their smarts, were living out Antique Technology to the fullest. I'm not willing to believe that one of the most prestigious testing facilities in the world has some uberagenda to assist one company (Hoffman) that requested testing on HHO supplementation with biased studies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_R..._Institute
07-24-2008 05:07 AM
nismotekk Offline

Gary Wrote:Obviously, but the report as I saw it had the very same things done to the test vehicles that I have done, or am doing to my rigs. I do not see this as "flawed logic", only common sense in regards to a nonamateur starting point. And they did comparisons, so it's not like they left out anything, unless I missed something.
Seeing negative posts in places like the Antique Auto Owners Club, I felt like these guys, for all their smarts, were living out Antique Technology to the fullest. I'm not willing to believe that one of the most prestigious testing facilities in the world has some uberagenda to assist one company (Hoffman) that requested testing on HHO supplementation with biased studies.

Gary I also refuse to believe that same thing. I do not think this report was prepared for the huffman foundation. I am willing to bet good money that this report was prepared for Steve Gehrlein of cambridge auto. I have followed his work for a while, and I have been anticipating the release of the SWRI report. He has contracted SWRI to test for him, and that was back in early spring. SWRI, Cambridge auto, and the huffman foundation are all based in san antonio. Coincidence? I think not. Steve has his own radio talk show on sat and sun mornings. I will call to ask about this. On the other hand, how is your MPG gary?
07-24-2008 05:33 AM
PanamaRik Offline

"Lies, damned lies or statistics" all useful marketing tools Sad

PanamaRik

nismotekk Wrote:
Gary Wrote:Obviously, but the report as I saw it had the very same things done to the test vehicles that I have done, or am doing to my rigs. I do not see this as "flawed logic", only common sense in regards to a nonamateur starting point. And they did comparisons, so it's not like they left out anything, unless I missed something.

Gary I also refuse to believe that same thing. I do not think this report was prepared for the huffman foundation. I am willing to bet good money that this report was prepared for Steve Gehrlein of cambridge auto. I have followed his work for a while, and I have been anticipating the release of the SWRI report. He has contracted SWRI to test for him, and that was back in early spring. SWRI, Cambridge auto, and the huffman foundation are all based in san antonio. Coincidence? I think not. Steve has his own radio talk show on sat and sun mornings. I will call to ask about this. On the other hand, how is your MPG gary?

Drop by my site at http://gassaver.panamacentric.com and say 'Hi' Rik
07-24-2008 06:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoozadoctor Offline

Actually I was NOT specifically referring or eluding to the SWRI report or for that matter any other report. However if you can see similarities then that strengthens my point some what.

For those of you who cannot see my point let me try to explain. It would appear that so far most of the gains people are getting are a result of making LOTS of modifications and there is little data put forward showing gains while just using the hydrogen additive. I like everybody else here am hoping to get gains from hydrogen. I will be happy with even modest gains. It would be interesting for the the people that are getting regular gains using hydrogen as well as other modifications to see what the difference was running without the hydrogen but still using all the electronic modifications and careful driving etc etc.
I think it is important to know how much is due entirely to hydrogen and how much is due to other modifications.

Doc
07-24-2008 06:21 AM
Gary Offline

I entirely agree with you Hooza. And humor quotient noted; I concur (chuckle, that is)
We have always monitored our mpg at fillups on our vehicles for the purpose of gauging when something goes wrong or needs maintenance, e.g. replace air filter. Also, a periodic hypermilege tank was done to acquire tuning accuracy.
Now, I add HHO and test...then have added o2 sensor extenders and am testing...then will add MAP sensor enhancer and test...then add EFIE(s) and test...so you see, IMO, this is the way to go, so you'll know what you're getting results from. As for tires and windows and AC and all that; it should be a given that all that is done unless someone is an idiot. I doubt that the oil going from fossil to synthetic would make a large enough difference if you've kept up your oil changes. And adding syn to an older engine is asking for seal leakage.
I've intended to write an article on subconscious hypermiling. Before gas went up, many had a "what's the use" idealeology that allowed for passing at whim, holding speed up hills and so forth. Gas went up and we began driving a bit more carefully. BUT...once you start building or installing FE gear on your ride, it's human nature to be subconsciously aware of bad habits, all the while consciously claiming to not be hypermiling. So your mileage goes up even though you think you're not driving any differently because your FOCUS is both sub, and consciously on mileage. Therefore...it is important to hypermile a tank or two without anything running but OEM, so you can compare apples with apples.
Our 5.3 Silverado went from 16 to 19.3, then back down to 15.9 when the 'pooter caught it. Have extenders on her now; will test again very soon.
Our '93 Paseo went from 27 average and 30 hypermile to a 33.2 hypermile with just HHO, then 29 average after the ECU caught it. I'm testing it now with the o2 sensor unconnected and have built a MAP enhancer to try after this.
I'd never be stoopid enough to run with low tires, dirty oil or fat girls in the back seat.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 07:46 AM by Gary.)
07-24-2008 07:25 AM
tesla Offline

Those "tests" remind me of the hyperbole that JC Whitney used to spew forth from their catalogs regarding magic spark plugs, spark intensifiers, etc etc. They'd invariably begin with a car sorely in need of a tune up, then install their fantabulous gizmo dujour and boast about the incredible gains.

I theorized that if you were to install every one of their craptacular devices then not only would your vehicle enter over-unity, it may actually begin producing gasoline!

...same thing we do every night Pinky, plan to take over the world!
07-24-2008 07:40 AM