Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finding an HHO compatible car
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Finding an HHO compatible car
DrBrown Wrote:Maybe we should all have wulfram sneeze on our cars to bless them?? lol

Hahaha, so wulfram is the pope of HHO now, is he? Can I be one of the cardinals Laugh???

Just kidding. So anyway, I don't see what's wrong with Saturns. They are the ONLY American car I will ever purchase again (aside 60's Camaro/Mustang and 2009 Camaro), not only because they are fuel efficient but because they cave lives. My family has gone through so many American cars that gave us problems (yes, we take care of our cars), but NONE of our Saturns (over 5 now) ever have. PLUS, we've had 3 give their lives to save ours, a quality you can NEVER give up, ever. Even if a couple people have had sore luck with HHO on them, there are also the few (like wulfram) who have had exponential gains with no mods at all! It's worth a risk, and they're cheap cars anyway. And insurance is good on them, too!

So now that my defense of Saturn is done, here's my REAL choice. Go with a Toyota! Or maybe a Mazda or Honda, they seem to be doing alright with HHO as well. OR just steal wulfram's Probe, he won't notice until you have to refill you tank 6 states later! Sukka!!! Laugh Anyway, the Toyota 4's seem to be doing alright with HHO, so I would stick with them. Or a Saturn. Good luck choosing a car, I wish you the best success on HHO powa!!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 12:40 PM by RDKamikaze.)
09-03-2008 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
finallyME Offline

If you want a supper easy time, anything with a carb or diesel. OBDIIs will give you a headache, but in the process teach you a whole lot about how your ECU works, so it ain't all bad.

By the way, where does wulfram live, and does he make house calls? I need him to come touch my Saturn. Big Grin Big Grin

My vehicles:
2002 Saturn SL2 4 banger
2006 Chrysler Town and Country

You can kill two birds with one stone, but you can't kill one stone with two birds. Big Grin
09-03-2008 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline

You know what we should do sometime? We should have a "meet." Car people do it every once in a while, and what it is is it's a group of people meeting somewhere (hence the name) in a parking lot or anywhere, really, and talking about their stuff. Car people talk about their car stuff, so we would have a HHO meet! Like a big huge one some weekend, because I think if we all had time to get together and talk to each other in person, we would all drive away with so much more learned. Showing in person helps a LOT more than any picture could, but pictures and video still help!

So who's with me? Let's get some people together sometime and have some meets around the USA! Go us.

Here's our map! Be sure to place yourself on it, so that we get an idea where everyone's located:
http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_m...7440694146

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 01:24 PM by RDKamikaze.)
09-03-2008 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RDKamikaze Wrote:Hahaha, so wulfram is the pope of HHO now, is he? Can I be one of the cardinals Laugh???

lol. Sorry mate, I'm Protestant. Smile

According to your map so far, that would be one heck of a gathering. Big Grin Arizona, Kansas, Virginia, Penn. here. I'd be willing to drive a ways since the gas mileage won't be much of a problem.
Don't even think about car-nabbing! Laugh
09-03-2008 02:09 PM
DrBrown Offline

wulfram Wrote:lol. Sorry mate, I'm Protestant. Smile

Soooo you just like to protest then? God does too, he hates your car!

I have considered buying a used scion. I actually had an 06 tC with the 2.4 corolla motor and it ran great and averaged 30mpg in the city. So on the freeway...with HHO...man it could be 45-50mpg easy. TOo bad newer cars cost too much.
09-03-2008 02:44 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

DrBrown Wrote:
wulfram Wrote:lol. Sorry mate, I'm Protestant. Smile

Soooo you just like to protest then? God does too, he hates your car!

I have considered buying a used scion. I actually had an 06 tC with the 2.4 corolla motor and it ran great and averaged 30mpg in the city. So on the freeway...with HHO...man it could be 45-50mpg easy. TOo bad newer cars cost too much.

The Corolla engine, are you sure?? I have done a lot of looking into tC's as well before I got my Solara, and they have the same engine. Or at least all te ones I've looked at do. It's the 2AZ-FE engine, and they should be the same, or very similar. If that's the case and they are the same, you might be able to push 70mpg highway like I am! Big Grin

It's ok, I'm not Catholic either, wulfram. I'm LDS (or Mormon, whatever you wanna call it). I sure hope that doesn't make anyone on the forums hate me Tongue!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

09-03-2008 03:12 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

DrBrown Wrote:Soooo you just like to protest then? God does too, he hates your car!

huh? Hmm

RDKamikaze Wrote:It's ok, I'm not Catholic either, wulfram. I'm LDS (or Mormon, whatever you wanna call it). I sure hope that doesn't make anyone on the forums hate me Tongue!

I have a few friends of the LDS's.Smile Hate's destructive in all forms.. I hope no-one here's suffering it. We'll save the rest for the upcoming "Psychology of HHO" thread. Big Grin

DrBrown, older cars seem to do better than newer ones when it comes to implementing HHO. Don't be afraid of a previously-owned. With all the $$ you'd be saving in gas it'd be worth it.
09-03-2008 05:00 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

Hahaha DrBrown, it's like a double savings if you buy used! You save $$ cuz it's cheaper, $$ cuz insurance is usually lower, AND $$ for HHO mileage, yay!! Go for it.

DUDE!!! Get a Toyota MR2!! In the 90's, those are BEAUTIFUL!! I would love to see someone put a generator on one of those bad boys Smile. It's a two-seater though...

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

09-03-2008 05:11 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RDKamikaze Wrote:Hahaha DrBrown, it's like a double savings if you buy used! You save $$ cuz it's cheaper, $$ cuz insurance is usually lower, AND $$ for HHO mileage, yay!! Go for it.

Wouldn't that be triple savings Kami? Wink

DrBrown, buy an early 90's RX-7 and let me know how it does! If you can get up to 65 mpg, I'll trade you my Probe for it. Smile
09-03-2008 05:49 PM
DrBrown Offline

The FC rotaries are junk! Notorious for seal problems. Been there done that. Those cars are awesome small block donors because it moves the engine about 2 further back and lower so it handles even better than stock. Then you have your HP and a carb for easy HHO tuning. Smile
09-03-2008 07:05 PM