Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First generator for beginners to get you started
interat Offline

First generator for beginners to get you started
My friend made the smack, cost a lot too make and did not work well at all, if you try it please post your results thanks.
the cost was in him buying the electric wall backing unit from the store.
Just made one now using very thin stainless steel 6 in total, width about 3 and a half inch, height 6 inch, but its not exact science, the total left one is neg then 4 plates in middle with just thin rubber spacers (nothing connected) then on the right the positive wire, using a glass 1 liter jar with Araldite glue to seal the tube and wires, i used a piece or thin rubber to stop the wires fraying on the metal lid, and made a good seal also used plastic tie wrap to hold it all together, it works well producing 1 liter per minute, however when i run the car the fuse blows, will try heavier flex cable, I used caustic soda, this was on the same principle as the smack system, the metal was obtained from a metal shop just scraps cheap, a photo will follow soon.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2008 11:13 AM by interat.)
07-30-2008 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: First generator for beginners to get you started
Welcome! That's a very looonnnnggg sentence if I do say myself, and I think it could be a sentence fragment, but I cannot be too sure, just becaise I don't know much English myself, I understand what you're trying to say though, well sort of, but anyways, beack on topic, what is Araldite glue? Please be sure to post pics and your setup (please fix your sentence) and any questions you may have on the Brown's Gas section. You'll notice more people responding much faster there, beacuse it has a lot more traffic than this section. And what are your electrolyte concentrations (how much NaOH and how much distilled)?

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-30-2008 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
interat Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Welcome! That's a very looonnnnggg sentence if I do say myself, and I think it could be a sentence fragment, but I cannot be too sure, just becaise I don't know much English myself, I understand what you're trying to say though, well sort of, but anyways, beack on topic, what is Araldite glue? Please be sure to post pics and your setup (please fix your sentence) and any questions you may have on the Brown's Gas section. You'll notice more people responding much faster there, beacuse it has a lot more traffic than this section. And what are your electrolyte concentrations (how much NaOH and how much distilled)?

if you are a new member you cant go into this section the glue i use is one that resists water and is strong, you may find an alternative in your country, if you don't understand at the moment by reading the posts you will, all the best. PS I don't think anyone has tried to help new members in this way.
07-30-2008 04:39 PM
colchiro Offline

Interat, you should have an ammeter installed in the wire going to your cell.

If your cell runs more than 15 amps when first started, you need more water and less soda.

What size fuse are you blowing? Is your cell the only device connected to that fuse?

What is your primary language? Maybe someone here can email or PM you and get you help in your language. I believe the forums here are English only.

Ideally, you want to get your power directly from the battery like this:

battery --- fuse/breaker --- relay --- ammeter --- cell --- ground

The relay should get power from your ignition switch so it can only be turned on when the ignition is on, not when on accessory. It's a good idea to also have a switch inside the vehicle to turn off the relay.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-30-2008 04:57 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

Oh sorry, I didn't know you spoke another language! Please forgive me then, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm really interested to know what language you speak as well! Are you having google (or some other service) translate the pages for you or do you read English as well?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-30-2008 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
interat Offline

colchiro Wrote:Interat, you should have an ammeter installed in the wire going to your cell.

If your cell runs more than 15 amps when first started, you need more water and less soda.

What size fuse are you blowing? Is your cell the only device connected to that fuse?

What is your primary language? Maybe someone here can email or PM you and get you help in your language. I believe the forums here are English only.

Ideally, you want to get your power directly from the battery like this:

battery --- fuse/breaker --- relay --- ammeter --- cell --- ground

The relay should get power from your ignition switch so it can only be turned on when the ignition is on, not when on accessory. It's a good idea to also have a switch inside the vehicle to turn off the relay.
Hi Rick, this cell is experimental only just to get you started, I was thinking of changing the order from 1 neg and 1 pos and all others were neutral to ****** 9 plates pos neu neg neu pos neu pos, do you think this would work better, Ill take your advise once the experiment is finished.
07-31-2008 07:06 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

I've read around about that setup, and if I remember right, it's just a whole lot extra heat that you don't need being generated. But it does produce more if I remember correctly. I'm interested to see what you say, Rick!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-31-2008 10:15 AM
interat Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:I've read around about that setup, and if I remember right, it's just a whole lot extra heat that you don't need being generated. But it does produce more if I remember correctly. I'm interested to see what you say, Rick!

I'm going to try it, will inform you of the results and post pictures, I will find a way and have ordered lots of stainless steel ( thin plates) so will try lots of different ways of doing it, hope my english is better.
07-31-2008 10:55 AM
interat Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't know you spoke another language! Please forgive me then, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm really interested to know what language you speak as well! Are you having google (or some other service) translate the pages for you or do you read English as well?

Spanish and English
07-31-2008 10:58 AM
colchiro Offline

interat Wrote:Hi Rick, this cell is experimental only just to get you started, I was thinking of changing the order from 1 neg and 1 pos and all others were neutral to ****** 9 plates pos neu neg neu pos neu pos, do you think this would work better, Ill take your advise once the experiment is finished.
That's a good way to boil water, but you won't be happy with it unless you build 4 of them and connect them all in series.

(+ n n n - n n n +) will get you a little more gas with same 9 plates, but I'd work on smaller cells with less plates like this:

+12v --- (+n-n+) --- (+n-n+) --- (+n-n+) --- gnd

This will be about 3 times more efficient, producing less heat and more gas. Each cell is good for about 4 volts. For more info search titles for the several threads with series cell in the title.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-31-2008 03:04 PM