Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First test not good.
hhagen_1 Offline

First test not good.
I have a 93 Saturn with a 1.9 liter engine. My dry is cell is a 9 plate 304 stainless with 1/8" rubber gaskets. The cell is - n n n + n n n - and hole at the top in line bottom hole are flip flopped so hole do not match up with a 3 quart PVC pipe for my mix. I'm running 4.5 table spoons of baking soda to 3 quarts of distilled water. I use a medical oxygen flow meter to test flow witch it says I'm putting out 1/2 to 3/4 a L.P.M. . I built the MAP sensor controller that is on this site and have it adjusted to 4.9 volts to start with. other then Saturday I ran the HHO every day and dropped to 20.9 mile per gallon. I plan on doing the map o2 sensor combo in a couple of weeks and doing some clean up of the egr and throttle body housing also going to put in the resistors on the coolant temp and iat sensors. and drop my mix to 2 table spoons per 3 quarts of water.
Please let me know if anyone can think of anything else. the wright brothers didn't fly the first time. Hopefully the next time will be my kitty hawk lol.
10-08-2012 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhofox Offline

RE: First test not good.
That's the spirit -don't give up! You sound like you really have been researching this for a while! Maybe I can give you a few pointers
Record your stock MPG figures.
Why don't you try using NaOH or KOH instead of Baking Soda? -They are more effective. (Use 1 tsp at a time to get to the amps you want.)
Your Dry Cell Reactor needs to have 5 to 6 neutrals for max efficiency and min heat. (If you remove the +, and make one end + and one -, it will work well.)
Use a bottle flow meter to back up the medical findings. (You only need about 1/4LPM for every 1L of engine disp. eg. a 2L engine needs 1/2 LPM of HHO.)
Ensure that your sensor mod settings are on point, but test the HHO at stock first to see the initial effects. -You may not even need the sensor mods! (Slim chance.)
Finally (and very important) ensure that you are feeding the HHO into the air intake, and if possible, the PCV vacuum system as well. This will allow the engine to get the gas whenever it needs it.
All the best! Also, for quick results, research HCS here. (That's Hydrocarbon Cracking System)
10-09-2012 06:34 AM
hhagen_1 Offline

Thanks for the advice fox. I have been looking at this as a alternative fuel for over a year. my first cell was the mason jar with 2 plates 1/2" apart got hot as hell and couldn't pick it up after 3 minutes. My second one was 4 plates couldn't get more then a few bubble out of it. All of these were out free stainless that I got from the trash. I work for a trash company I'm a mechanic there and get a lot of my test stuff from the trash like the PVC I use for my bubble tank came from the trash. Any way I'm going to pull it out this weekend or next and flush it out clean the plates and get some sodium hydroxide to put in Smile I will do the 1 table spoon first but my tank holds 3 quarts so I think I will start with 1 1/2 table spoons.
this the diagram of the map and O2 sensor controller I plan on building let me know what you think.
10-09-2012 08:22 PM
hhofox Offline

You are in one of the best situations then! You can get all sorts of things from the trash to do your experiments, without having to spend too much cash! Many of those metal bins from kitchens are stainless steel for example. You could even use stainless steel pots.
The HCS I mentioned before gives the same, or better results than HHO, and is easier to set up and less expensive too.
Also, you should check out "gas vapour molecular change" on youtube. Basically, you spray small amounts of gas unto a very hot metal surface (500-700 deg. F) and it becomes a milky smoke than your engine just loves. Check it out and see.
There is not digram, by the way.
10-10-2012 05:44 AM
hhagen_1 Offline

Yeah it will not load for some stupid reason. The guy that drew it is on this site his name is Victor Perez and is simple witch is great for my non electronic mind. I have been working on building a PWM I found on Zero's web site to control current. I have most of it put together but I still think looking at the diagram I have something messed up.
10-10-2012 07:05 PM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

Definitely sounds like the efie is what you need. When you dropped in MPG your PCM/ECM probably saw the lean O2 sensor voltages caused by cleaner exhaust and responded by adding more fuel.
10-17-2012 09:29 AM