Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First test not good
hhagen_1 Offline

First test not good
Last week did the first test of my home made 9 plate dry cell. The cell is
- n n n + n n n - running baking soda for now. my base mileage on the 93 Saturn with 1.9 L was 26.4. I have the built the MAP sensor device that is on the documents page and have it installed.
The test was all in in town driving back and forth to work. The mileage dropped from 26.4 to 20.3. This weekend I am going to put the resistors on the coolant temperature an inlet air temperature and clean up the throttle body and idle air circuits.
How do I adjust the voltage for the map sensor to lower the lean out limits? I also want to add the that O2 handler but have to build the circuit first then add it to my map sensor box. I also think Mike is right that I may be making steam instead of HHO so I am going to drop the amount of baking soda in my electrolyte to 2 table spoons and see if that makes a difference.
If anyone thinks of anything else I should do please let me know thanks.
10-09-2012 05:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: First test not good
You shouldn't mess around with any other sensors until you have gotten your current system debugged. You should not be losing mileage. For that to happen, something is very wrong. Adding other sensor mods before figuring that out will only make it harder to figure out what the problem is.

You should use this article to help you isolate and resolve the problem: http://www.dry-cells.com/dry-cell-debug-checklist

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-09-2012 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

Thanks Mike for the advice I will check for leaks and flush my system and use sodium hydroxide instead of the baking soda. hhofox left me some good advice to about changing the cell to
- n n n n n n n + to get better flow rate. I also suspect a leak in my bubble tank witch I plan on changing to a PVC 2" and getting away from the mason jar. I also plan to check for leaks I suspect my hose connection at the air intake and bubble tank and maybe even the PVC pipe I use for my mix might be leaking the ends are glued but the top is screwed on I used thread tape but still might be leaking there.
10-09-2012 08:53 PM
hhofox Offline

Hey, it's supposed to be 6 n's not 7. Checking for leaks is a very good thing, since it has a large effect on the amount of gas reaching the engine.
10-10-2012 05:36 AM
hhagen_1 Offline

I was just going to turn the positive into a neutral that wouldn't work? I can tear it down and drop the positive and that way I can clean the plates and get ready for KOH in the system.
10-10-2012 07:08 PM