Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For newer Fords
Atfab Offline

For newer Fords
This is pasted from a different site, Vendel has proven to me to be a careful experimentor with repeatable results. I post this here with his consent. His approach is to lean out with sensor mods before using HHO.

Vendel (unverified): Hey Boys big and small.

I’d like posting here my latest discovery.
I have very good lock with Ford engines. But after 2003 some thing ford changed in the computer (ECM) Because the ECM not accepts leaning the fuel mixture.
Well here is what my experiment took me with a ’03 Ford F150.
After the MAF and Airtemp sensor and O2 sensors with Cosm2 Vendel Mod, I gain close to 7 miles per gallon. And just a short time the mileage was only 18 mile a gallon. WE did not adjust nothing, just droved the car, and after 2 weeks the gas mileage begun climb. All this with out HHO. After two weeks went up 22.8 M/g. and that time we turn the HHO on. The result unbelievable 31 M/g , and was original 15.3.
I think the explanation is in the flash memory of the computer (ECM)
WE cant erase the computer preset flash memory, but if we give just time, the PCM self will reset the adjusted info ( MAF, IAT, O2 etc.) And will work with it.

Good lock
July 20, 2008, 02:30 AM

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-22-2008 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cowboy Offline

RE: For newer Fords
Just to make sure I'm comprehending correctly, removing the batt cable and turning the key to start a couple of times will NOT erase the memory? That sucks.

Is there a smaller memory battery on the ecm that retains the mem?
07-23-2008 09:09 AM
Atfab Offline

Cowboy Wrote:Just to make sure I'm comprehending correctly, removing the batt cable and turning the key to start a couple of times will NOT erase the memory? That sucks.

Is there a smaller memory battery on the ecm that retains the mem?

I don't know,I'm not a Ford type of person, I just posted this for general knowledge from a trusted source.

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-24-2008 02:40 AM
Atfab Offline

An Update from Vendel, Re; ’03 Ford F150 Holding at 30+ MPG after 2 weeks. from 15.3 stock.

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-24-2008 12:17 PM
Cowboy Offline

nice! Do you know his output?
07-24-2008 01:05 PM
Atfab Offline

Cowboy Wrote:nice! Do you know his output?

No, I wish he would tell me, maybe next phone call. He's in TX and me, NY.

I can say he uses a MAP tweek. Cut output wire, Map out to one side of a 50K pot, center to ECM and 50K to 60K resistor to MAP ground. Parallel resistor on ECT to make it about 215 deg. He has stopped using an IAT bug, just stock sensor but he adds a 2" heat
riser tube (like old carb cars used for engine/carb preheat) to the air filter box dirty side, from near the exhaust manifold and blocks off the fresh air input. Gets about 150 deg+ in. An EFIE like 02 sensor bug he modifies the bug so the low volt swings are 0.25 to 0.3v and the high swings to lean it out all it will take and not throw a code. Runs this set up without HHO for 2-3 weeks, then turns on the HHO, adjusting the sensor bugs as needed. He does this for paying customers at his repair shop.

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-24-2008 03:34 PM
Atfab Offline

Just a note, I didn't have much luck with my MAP tweek. 250K pot and 33K to ground, I didn't have a 50K pot) changed the 33K to a 66K and found a sweet spot for No HHO. Both fuel trims now go negative alot with my IAT back stock.

Now I have to change my signature.

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-24-2008 03:51 PM