Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For you guys who did try the GLS & MPG Vaporizer ...
Wabo Offline

Smile For you guys who did try the GLS & MPG Vaporizer ...
Hi !

I'm kinda new here and would like for the one who would like to share there impression on theses 2 units if one seems to be better than the other ? (It seem that some here tried both of em ...)

And witch one would remove more sludge or built better to do so (as I read that it also improve fuel economy at some point an is better for the life of the engine )

For the one that have tried these it seem to work for them unless there is something newer now that works better (evaporator)

I also plan to put a fuel heater as it should also help during winter time

Thanks in advance !
06-20-2012 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: For you guys who did try the GLS & MPG Vaporizer ...
I don't have any experience with those devices, but have been interested in them for some time. Please let us know what your results are with them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-21-2012 01:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wabo Offline

(06-21-2012 01:34 PM)mike Wrote:  I don't have any experience with those devices, but have been interested in them for some time. Please let us know what your results are with them.

Yes heating my old 6.2 non-turbo diesel fuel during winter time will help cause the truck is really low powered until It gets fully warm at that time of year ... Winter can get quit cold here ... The truck has not the same power an fuel economy until outside temperature start to rise a bit !

On the other way ,my TDI have computer control so heating the fuel should back off the timing and cut fuel supply and also performance cause the computer will say (Fuel is to warm I'm cutting down on power) but I wonder If a computer re-programing could fix that ?

I have easy access to Marine fuel cooler on big diesel boat engine here that are basically heat exchanger with 1 3/4 inlet outlet and could easy fit on a radiator hose on the truck ...

For the vaporizer part ... Feedback from true member here that had try them out and had good result are welcome cause I would like to try one out but still kick a bit on the fact that 250$ for a unit maybe a bit high to found out Its not worth it !
06-22-2012 06:44 AM
rpatzer Offline

(06-20-2012 08:03 AM)Wabo Wrote:  Hi !

I'm kinda new here and would like for the one who would like to share there impression on theses 2 units if one seems to be better than the other ? (It seem that some here tried both of em ...)

And witch one would remove more sludge or built better to do so (as I read that it also improve fuel economy at some point an is better for the life of the engine )

For the one that have tried these it seem to work for them unless there is something newer now that works better (evaporator)

I also plan to put a fuel heater as it should also help during winter time

Thanks in advance !

I have used the GLS and it works quite well producing vapor. You don't need to heat the fuel. It will produce more vapor than you can use w/o getting too rich. I think the MPG is a newer version.
06-22-2012 07:35 AM
mike Offline

(06-22-2012 07:35 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have used the GLS and it works quite well producing vapor. You don't need to heat the fuel. It will produce more vapor than you can use w/o getting too rich. I think the MPG is a newer version.

What kind of gains did you get with it? Did you use it alone, or with HHO or other combustion enhancement? Did you require an EFIE?

Visit Our Documents Page
06-22-2012 08:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

(06-22-2012 08:28 AM)mike Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 07:35 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have used the GLS and it works quite well producing vapor. You don't need to heat the fuel. It will produce more vapor than you can use w/o getting too rich. I think the MPG is a newer version.

What kind of gains did you get with it? Did you use it alone, or with HHO or other combustion enhancement? Did you require an EFIE?

At the time I used it with the EFIE and got 10-15% gain. But when I smogged(pre test only) with that set up it caused all variables to improve except the NOx which would have caused me to fail. I am going to get another vaporizer for my current car w/o the EFIE.
Former car was '97 Jeep Cherokee- current car is '97 Honda Accord.
06-23-2012 06:03 AM
mike Offline

Thanks. You probably already know this, but high NOx means too lean. You can back off on the EFIE and your NOx should come up. Hopefully you can get the NOx up without losing the mileage gains.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-23-2012 08:02 AM
Wabo Offline

(06-23-2012 08:02 AM)mike Wrote:  Thanks. You probably already know this, but high NOx means too lean. You can back off on the EFIE and your NOx should come up. Hopefully you can get the NOx up without losing the mileage gains.

Does that mean that rpatzer could 'v crank more on is Vaporizer to richer the mixture to solve that lean condition an gain more economy on the process with the EFIE ?

Rpatzer ... Did you tune it up on idle only or also try to tweak it up also at cruse speed ?

We dont have smog test here but I thing the process involve to rev the engine some if I'm right ?
06-23-2012 10:11 AM
mike Offline

Yes. If there is even more efficiency in the combustion occurring, then that should also reduce the NOx. Cranking up the vaporizer should cause that to occur. I don't know that the one he is talking about is adjustable though. I could use a link to the product so I know for sure what he is talking about.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-23-2012 12:03 PM
Wabo Offline

Here the install procedure for the MPG alias 5000

http://www.agsint.com/fs5000/install.pdf

An ... Here's the link ... look in automotive section at your left

http://www.agsint.com/main.htm
06-23-2012 04:59 PM