Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 32MPG yet...
prokev01 Offline

Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 32MPG yet...
Hi everyone,

I've read a lot of thread on this forum and some really help, thanks!

My results yet are not impressive but I want to share it and see if any of you have any recommendation. Please also share your results if you have a similar vehicule.

Prior to make any modification, I run some tank to find the best gas in my area which is Shell without ethanol. My test run is highway 5 miles in one way; take the exit then 5 miles the other way without resetting the scangauge. On this small trip I was getting 21 MPG. I always make one change at a time and test 5 run to quantify the increase in MPG.
Here are my modification yet...
Acetone, Xylene and 5W40 Syntetic Oil Mix 2.0 MPG
Torco 15W40 TD1 (SuperDiesel) 1.5 MPG
Over Inflate 20% my tires (41PSI) 0.5 MPG
Drilled Spark Plug 0.5 MPG
Warm Air Intake 1.0 MPG
MAX Warmer (Brightgreen.us) 2.5 MPG
Fog Squirter (Brightgreen.us) 3.0 MPG
My Dual EFIE set to 250mv

So, now I get 32MPG (highway), my IAT is about 100-119 degree and my CTS vary from 184 to 190. There is no 195 or 200 degree thermostat available for my Ford Freestyle. Maybe I should add resistor to my CTS?Hmm

I will try resistor on MAF sensor this week (as soon as I find the ground wire of my MAF sensorShy

I have not try HHO yet, maybe I should...but one step at a time

thanks for your replies
06-16-2008 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dino Offline

RE: Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 32MPG yet...
Your results are excellent! You went form 21 to 32 that's pretty impressive. So why haven't you installed HHO yet?
06-16-2008 04:29 PM
prokev01 Offline

Hi Dino,
There is so much HHO generator out there, I'm lost.. I'm sure there is some HHO generator working fine but Hydrogen don't burn, Hydrogen explode that's mean detonation in the engine. (8 to 10 time faster than good gasoline). What can do HHO Generator to my engine after 75k-100k miles? I have the water4gas ebook and I want to give it a try but I don't want to waste my time. Getting 61MPG with a Corolla with HHO is not very impressive because when you: over inflate tire, acetone in tank, good spark plug, good spark wire, 195 F Thermostat, warm air intake, good engine oil, good trans oil, gas heater... you easily get 56MPG. The HHO can give 5MPG and that's really good but I don't belive that HHO can add 10+MPG on EPA evaluation.

Do you own HHO? wich one? what is your gain? your setup? your car?

thanks for reply
06-16-2008 06:15 PM
Dino Offline

Hey Bro

I just found out about this stuff and I'm in the planning stage and I'm waiting for the efie from the forum store. I have build one using stainless steel wall plates and a glass jar but I haven't put it in yet. I'm going to convert my old 89 Toyota Camry first and if anything burning hydrogen will help clean up my old engine. I'm also confused with all the choices but I'm going to jump into it and improve as I go. I may built another one and hook them in series. Just reading and learning now.

I would be very impressed getting 61 mpg from a CorollaSmile.
06-16-2008 06:32 PM