Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford Probe, 3 weeks testing with no gains
creepyjon Offline

Ford Probe, 3 weeks testing with no gains
Well I do still believe in hydrogen enhanced combustion, but my car does not! Mad

Car is an 1991 ford probe, 2.0 mazda single cam 4 cylinder engine. Has what I thought to be a stupid easily hacked computer, apparently I was wrong. So far no matter what I try the computer uses it error checking, and figures out I'm messing with it. Average mpg was 31mpg low, and up to 37 highway on long trips. Here's my list of things tried:

First run, had a thermal runaway on my cell, no efie 35mpg so small gain, but only gain so far.

Efie hooked up 200mv, no change
250mv, no change
300mv, no change
350mv, loss of mpg
Fixed leaking bubbler by removing it all together, no change
Raised amps to 23, raised spring pressure in vane air flow meter, 200mv, no change
Raised amps to 25, raised spring pressure more, 250mv, loss of mpg
Raised spring pressure more, 250mv, engine stall at idle sometimes, loss of mpg
300mv, same settings, stalling and no change
Lowered spring pressure, wrapped o2 in tinfoil, turned off efie, no change
Wrapped o2 sensor, plus 100mv, no change
Got sick of everything and turned off hho unit, left o2 wrapped up, and left vane air flow meter with raised spring pressure, slight mpg increase maybe 3-4mpg.

So basically it comes down to my alternator can't handle the amps, I'm going to try and turn it way way down. Maybe only like 10 amps, and see what happens. Plus my computer is much smarter than I thought, I'm not sure how anyone gets any gains at all with newer ones! Yes I've checked for leaks. I'm running my output into my air filter box so it can mix with the air coming in.
04-17-2011 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinruf Offline

RE: Ford Probe, 3 weeks testing with no gains
(04-17-2011 11:23 AM)creepyjon Wrote:  So basically it comes down to my alternator can't handle the amps, I'm going to try and turn it way way down. Maybe only like 10 amps, and see what happens.
In my footer you will see, that for me the winning-zone is between 1-4 amps. You will see not ever often a bubble, but my car is saving up to 20% L/100km (28.6 up to 36.7 mpg).
More isn't posibile, because my car-computer can't change more than 20%.

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
04-18-2011 06:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply