Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford Ranger on HHO
zipster Offline

RE: Ford Ranger on HHO
Hey, HHO is nasty stuff. Just because it has not done it yet, does not mean it will NEVER do it, just wait for the correct mix. Its safer to inject the gas after the MAF sensor.
07-11-2008 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thantil Offline

I now have EFIE installed and now got to tweak it
Tom Antil
Fitchburg,MA
96Ranger 2wd
2.3l man trans
Base mpg 20 + -
Smack booster
E.F.I.E

Tom Antil
Fitchburg, Ma
96 ford ranger 2.3l
man trans
smacks booster
20% increase
07-13-2008 07:17 AM
Rodneyk1 Offline

Second tanks has been run through and same results 21.9MPG. I moved where I am feeding in the HHO to right in front of the throttle plate. Last night I also put on the O2 extenders. Just for an FYI a spark plug extender drilled out with a 1/2" bit works perfect, same thread and size. I will post another thread after this tank and let you know the results, if I am still getting the same results I am going to try the EFIE, I think this is the only thing left to try. Any advise is greatly appriciated.
07-16-2008 09:22 AM
w1rkw Offline

Rodney,
I just did a tank refill today and calculated the mileage. I managed to get 23.9 mpg on the numbers and that was running with AC most of the week. Got 462 miles on a tank this run.

I don't know why some folks are not seeing any changes with their Rangers and I'm not sure what is different in my truck or HHO setup but there is a definite difference. I have never in the 6 years of having this used Ranger got beyond 370miles on a tank on a good run and averaged beyond 21 mpg. This is my 4th tank. My 3rd tank gave me about 23.1 mpg. Maybe a few tank fulls and you'll see some positive results. GL.

Rodneyk1 Wrote:Second tanks has been run through and same results 21.9MPG. I moved where I am feeding in the HHO to right in front of the throttle plate. Last night I also put on the O2 extenders. Just for an FYI a spark plug extender drilled out with a 1/2" bit works perfect, same thread and size. I will post another thread after this tank and let you know the results, if I am still getting the same results I am going to try the EFIE, I think this is the only thing left to try. Any advise is greatly appriciated.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2008 01:22 PM by w1rkw.)
07-16-2008 01:21 PM
thantil Offline

thantil Wrote:I now have EFIE installed and now got to tweak it
Tom Antil
Fitchburg,MA
96Ranger 2wd
2.3l man trans
Base mpg 20 + -
Smack booster
E.F.I.E

At least on my daily trips to and from work I am now getting 26.5 mpg.
More later.

Tom Antil
Fitchburg,MA
96Ranger 2wd
2.3l man trans
Base mpg 20 + -
Smack booster
E.F.I.E

Tom Antil
Fitchburg, Ma
96 ford ranger 2.3l
man trans
smacks booster
20% increase
07-18-2008 03:32 PM
Delray Dude Offline

thantil Wrote:At least on my daily trips to and from work I am now getting 26.5 mpg.

Hey there, noob here.

A few questions for ya - where are you injecting the HHO? and was this mileage after EFIE?

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
8.8 GT axle with 2.71 gears
Smack Design Booster
EFIE currently set at .25
Without HHO was getting 24-25 MPG
Best result with HHO : 29.5 MPG
08-20-2008 08:30 AM
Static HHO Offline

Jimbobiker Wrote:Where are you guys locating your cells? My 04 Ranger has minimal space under the hood.
I built a small dry cell for a buddy's 1999 Ford Ranger, 3.0L He didn't have any room in the engine compartment for the dry cell; only enough room for a bubbler. I installed the dry cell and reservoir between the grill and radiator. I had to build special mounting brackets but it's solid and works good. I'm attaching a pix of the dry cell I built for him out of spare material. It's a 4N4 design.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

HHO-ing 'n Brewin' in N. GA
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 02:36 PM by Static HHO.)
10-22-2008 02:35 PM
stevel Offline

(07-16-2008 01:21 PM)w1rkw Wrote:  Rodney,
I just did a tank refill today and calculated the mileage. I managed to get 23.9 mpg on the numbers and that was running with AC most of the week. Got 462 miles on a tank this run.

I don't know why some folks are not seeing any changes with their Rangers and I'm not sure what is different in my truck or HHO setup but there is a definite difference. I have never in the 6 years of having this used Ranger got beyond 370miles on a tank on a good run and averaged beyond 21 mpg. This is my 4th tank. My 3rd tank gave me about 23.1 mpg. Maybe a few tank fulls and you'll see some positive results. GL.

Rodneyk1 Wrote:Second tanks has been run through and same results 21.9MPG. I moved where I am feeding in the HHO to right in front of the throttle plate. Last night I also put on the O2 extenders. Just for an FYI a spark plug extender drilled out with a 1/2" bit works perfect, same thread and size. I will post another thread after this tank and let you know the results, if I am still getting the same results I am going to try the EFIE, I think this is the only thing left to try. Any advise is greatly appriciated.
03-06-2009 03:49 AM
hooterhog Offline

(06-29-2008 12:01 PM)Jimbobiker Wrote:  Anyone?
I have a 21 plate dry cell that i installed on 1999 toyota tacoma
I installed 3 inch 3/16 angle as a lower radiator guard and bolted where the
plull hooks go in front of radiator about 1 inch to frame. then mounded dry
cell to angle iron after i cut a slot where i could get to bolts. then i made a
wrap around guard to bolt on in front of dry cell. now i am dog proof,deer
proof, ect. hope this helps. I am not very good with computers to give you
a drawing , have a good day.
03-06-2009 08:37 PM