Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford f-150
bone3160 Offline

Ford f-150
I own a 95 Ford F-150 I was having a bad smeel underhood!!!I figured out it was a bad stock vapor canister....Replaced with a new one.My question is I had dual exhaust put on getting rid of cat.I am NOT running a hydrogen cell yet.But now is burning to rich will I be safe to put 2 spark plug non-foulers in front of the o2 sensor ......will this lean out the engine to much without alternative fuel??????????Any help would be appreciatedBig Grin I only have 1 o2 sensor !!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2010 06:22 PM by bone3160.)
08-21-2010 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Ford f-150
spark plug non-foulers don't actually work on 02 sensors. They mostly just cause the o2 sensors to prematurely fail (by causing them to foul). Your first step has to be, finding out what's wrong with your engine. Adding HHO and an EFIE will improve mileage, but they won't fix what's currently wrong with your engine. Fix that first, and you'll get a mileage improvement. Then add HHO and an EFIE to get more mileage improvement.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-21-2010 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bone3160 Offline

(08-21-2010 11:26 PM)mike Wrote:  spark plug non-foulers don't actually work on 02 sensors. They mostly just cause the o2 sensors to prematurely fail (by causing them to foul). Your first step has to be, finding out what's wrong with your engine. Adding HHO and an EFIE will improve mileage, but they won't fix what's currently wrong with your engine. Fix that first, and you'll get a mileage improvement. Then add HHO and an EFIE to get more mileage improvement.
Well it is going to give me a cel without the cat so I don't know how to get around this!!I know guys that run them and say that there check engine light goes out!!!So if you can tell me how I might get around this please let me know....
08-22-2010 06:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I actually don't know. If I knew what the cel was saying, I could probably help you.

When I said the extenders don't work, I meant that they don't give you better gas mileage when used with HHO systems. I'm assuming they are being used in the same role in your case. Which is to make the exhaust appear richer than it is. This makes the computer lean out the mix.

But I have no experience with removing a cat from a vehicle. I frankly don't think this is a very responsible thing to do, since the cat is used to reduce the pollution caused by the engine. However, with a good HHO system, you can probably get the pollution levels back down again. I wouldn't do one without the other though. Personally, I wouldn't do it anyway. I don't think it's right.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-22-2010 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply