Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free Wiring Diagrams & Repair Information
mike Offline

Free Wiring Diagrams & Repair Information
I got an email today with a great link. AutoZone posts wiring diagrams for many cars and trucks for free. It also has a vast amount of repair information, including diagrams of part locations, detailed instructions, etc. If you don't have a repair manual for your car, you can just about get by with this all by itself. However, not all cars are covered by this service. You'll just have to look and see if yours is.

Follow this link: www.autozone.com/shopping/vehicleSelect1.htm. Then select your year and make/model of car. I went ahead and registered, but I think you get all of the same resources without registering. However, I have saved my car's information, so when I login again, I can just select the car I want without having to re-navigate the car selection.

I had a hard time finding the wiring diagrams, so to specifically find those, do the following:
  • Locate your car, year, make and model.
  • Select "Repair Info" at the left side of the screen.
  • Then select, "Vehicle Repair Guides" -> Chassis Electrical -> Wiring Diagrams

I was able to locate my ECU diagram (mine's called PCM), my oxygen sensor signal wires, all of my other sensors etc.

Also, if you look up your MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor (for instance), it tells you which kind you have (DC voltage or frequency type), and even tells you what resistances = what pressure readings in the ECU. The same goes for it's entry on the CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor). It tells you what temperature = what resistance from the sensor. This will help you enormously in using the Tuning For Mileage article.

The wiring diagrams are pretty awesome. And the repair instructions cover just about anything you'll need. There is also an automotive glossary that is pretty huge (I bookmarked it separately). All in all, this is a great site and resource for us.

Update (26 Dec 12): We used to have some other resources for getting free diagrams, but those resources no longer exist. If you can't get your diagrams at Autozone, then you'll have to get them from Mitchell1. They cost $12 there for a 1 year subscription which is good for one car. If anyone finds a better resource for free or low cost wiring diagrams, please drop me a Personal Message, and I'll get it posted here.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 08:20 AM by mike.)
03-30-2008 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Free Wiring Diagrams & Repair Information
"We're sorry, but we do not have component location information for your 2005 Toyota Truck RAV4 4WD 2.4L SFI DOHC . We're always adding to AutoZone.com, so check back soon!"Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-31-2008 04:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Were you able to find your wiring diagram?

I was able to find my wiring diagrams, my CTS, MAP and oxygen sensors, and my heater fan. All had diagrams and detailed instructions for testing, removal and installation. I was impressed to say the least. Hopefully your experience is the exception.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-31-2008 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Nope, apparently they don't like Toyotas.Crazy

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-31-2008 02:31 PM
smt0954 Offline

We're sorry, but we do not have component location information for your 2005 GMC Truck Sierra 1500 4WD (5.3L SFI Flex Fuel). We're always adding to AutoZone.com, so check back soon!
Sad

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Dual EFIE, Max Warmer, Drilled Spark Plugs, Acetone/Xylene/Oil additive, FlashPaq Programmer
03-31-2008 03:32 PM
colchiro Offline

I think they only have Mike's stuff.Hmm

Rick

03-31-2008 03:44 PM
mike Offline

colchiro Wrote:I think they only have Mike's stuff.Hmm

Well, that's the important thing! Big Grin

Ok, I guess we won't all burn our Haynes manuals just yet...

Visit Our Documents Page
03-31-2008 04:41 PM
bandit354 Offline

I found the wiring diagram for my 2000 Taurus, my 1995 Toyota Pickup, and also my dads 2000 GMC Sierra they had all the 02 sensor wiring diagrams and all the info I needed to get the EFIE on the cars right at the ECM. Even told me were the ECM was located at in each vehicle.
03-31-2008 05:33 PM
Zeek Offline

My 1995 Intrepid info was also on there. I have a Chilton’s manual for it already but it is nice to see that there is allot of good info on that site. Have it bookmarked and I am sure I will be using it again.

Regards
Zeek
03-31-2008 07:45 PM
Leftwings22 Offline

Great site, and great find!

This site alone will be a treasure for those who may wish to install EFIE's and such on several different vehicles. WOW.

First! Our Planets Energy Concerns = F!OPEC

"100% of the shots you dont take wont go in"
Wayne Gretzky
04-01-2008 12:21 AM