Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freq based MAF sensor mods
Dudov Offline

Freq based MAF sensor mods
Does anyone have any experience with the GM late model frequency based MAF sensor, I tried the 5 and 10 ohm resistor in the ground circuit but just get a troble code that it is out of range. I am working on a 2001 Chevy pickup with the 5.3 litre motor. I currently have the fuelsaver digital quad EFIE but still can not get the engine to go lean enough to make it run rough or see much of a gain. I also have tried the MAP adjuster but it does not seem to do much either.
07-03-2009 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Freq based MAF sensor mods
I believe there's a freq based maf circuit in my tuning for mileage link.

There are other sensors that are easy to tune like the coolant and air temps sensors, which just require one resistor.

Are you sure you have enough hho output (min 1 LPM per liter of engine displacement) and an efficient cell (no leaks)?

Are you sure you have your efie installed properly? You should be able to throw a code if you crank it too high.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-03-2009 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: Freq based MAF sensor mods
Got the same problem, resistor on ground did nothing for me frequency was totally unaffected.

Efie does absolutely nothing on my car either

See my "HHO Woes" link

I have made a post in the Parallax forums here

Still waiting on an answer but looks like I need to purchase a Stamp2 and PWMPal then I can create a circuit to adjust the amount of frequency reduction I need

The other idea was a bit of tape in front of the sensor but havent tried this yet
07-03-2009 04:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply