Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freq based MAP sensor
xcite Offline

Freq based MAP sensor
After doing alot of testing and monitoring of my 90 Ford pick up I found that the information in "Tuning for Milage" is incorrect as to the amount of resistance required to alter the output. I have found it takes quite abit more to get the job done.

I dont like to list an exact number as all vehiles are different but you should end up more in the 100-1000 ohm plus range.

I have another more detailed post listed below.

http://www.mpgresearch.com/forum/viewtop...=52&t=2187
04-06-2008 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Freq based MAP sensor
Thanks, xcite.

I made a little note in the Tuning For Mileage doc about this, with a link to your post.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-06-2008 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pit-Man Offline

RE: Freq based MAP sensor
xcite Wrote:After doing alot of testing and monitoring of my 90 Ford pick up I found that the information in "Tuning for Milage" is incorrect as to the amount of resistance required to alter the output. I have found it takes quite abit more to get the job done.

I dont like to list an exact number as all vehiles are different but you should end up more in the 100-1000 ohm plus range.

I have another more detailed post listed below.

http://www.mpgresearch.com/forum/viewtop...=52&t=2187

Excite,
You may have given me some info that will help me. I have a 2000 GMC Sierra pick up with a standard 350 vortex engine, I installed a 100 K POT do alter the MAP sensor voltage, my test meters show that ohms changing from the in/out of this device but when adjusting the POT the DCV do not change. I have the device spliced between the output signal of the MAP sensor. MAP sensor voltage ignition on motor no running 4.58 DCV, voltage with engine idling 1.4 to 1.5 DCV and it drops from there with increased RPM. Do you think the resistance on the POT is too low, I also have a 33K resistor connected to the POT to help with fine tuning.
04-22-2008 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply