Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From 11.2 to 16.5 MPG
willits18 Offline

Wink From 11.2 to 16.5 MPG
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. I really haven't had much to write about till now, and I have found answers to all my questions here by reading the forums. That being said, I have a 1989 suburban with 143,000 miles on it. I was getting around 11 in combined driving. I had remembered reading an article in Mechanic's Illustrated in the mid 70's (dating myself!), about a guy that was getting 65-70 MPG in his full size Olds (big boat type). It described his system and it sounded similar to the brown's gas setup. I remember reading through the entire article and it said "more to follow" that was the last I ever heard or read from this guy-He was probably bought out by big oil. Anyway getting back to my situation, I read the "Run a car on water" and "water for gas" books. It all came back to me. I built a system kind of a bridge between the two and kept improving on it. My mileage improved along the way as well. It didn't come all at once , but gradually- 4 systems each one with a little trial and error type improvement. I now stand at 16.5 mpg (started at 11.2)on my suburban. This is the 4th one that I have owned and the next best was at 12 mpg. I have not done anything with the PCV or fuel heater as of yet so it can even get better. I'm very happy with 16.5, but would be extatic with 18 or 19. We'll see! My system is 3" ID ABS, 12" long with 10-1 1/2" SS discs. I tapped in with a fuse tap that draws about 10 amps when warmed up. I haven't tested volume yet-not really concerned as long as it works! Hope nobody fell asleep through this. Thanks, Tracy.
08-02-2008 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CraigBMM Offline

RE: From 11.2 to 16.5 MPG
willits18 Wrote:Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. I really haven't had much to write about till now, and I have found answers to all my questions here by reading the forums. That being said, I have a 1989 suburban with 143,000 miles on it. I was getting around 11 in combined driving. I had remembered reading an article in Mechanic's Illustrated in the mid 70's (dating myself!), about a guy that was getting 65-70 MPG in his full size Olds (big boat type). It described his system and it sounded similar to the brown's gas setup. I remember reading through the entire article and it said "more to follow" that was the last I ever heard or read from this guy-He was probably bought out by big oil. Anyway getting back to my situation, I read the "Run a car on water" and "water for gas" books. It all came back to me. I built a system kind of a bridge between the two and kept improving on it. My mileage improved along the way as well. It didn't come all at once , but gradually- 4 systems each one with a little trial and error type improvement. I now stand at 16.5 mpg (started at 11.2)on my suburban. This is the 4th one that I have owned and the next best was at 12 mpg. I have not done anything with the PCV or fuel heater as of yet so it can even get better. I'm very happy with 16.5, but would be extatic with 18 or 19. We'll see! My system is 3" ID ABS, 12" long with 10-1 1/2" SS discs. I tapped in with a fuse tap that draws about 10 amps when warmed up. I haven't tested volume yet-not really concerned as long as it works! Hope nobody fell asleep through this. Thanks, Tracy.

hmm Suburban eh .. love those .. but i believe your gona need more HHO for that puppy. whats it about 4 - 5 liter engine? i'd add one or two more gens .

and i'd try to go to the pcv intake too . and an efie to lean it out
fuel injection isnt it?
08-02-2008 10:32 PM
howiemandel Offline

RE: From 11.2 to 16.5 MPG
Congrats on your gain, 50%, is smokin good.
08-03-2008 02:51 AM
willits18 Offline

Shy RE: From 11.2 to 16.5 MPG
I just finished a highway mileage test-mostly highway about 90%. I got 22.2 MPG on this trip compared to 13 or 14 (on a great day). I am building another generator to see what the difference will be. We'll see! Thanks, Tracy.
08-03-2008 11:41 AM