Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From Stainless Blank Sheet to Stainless Airholes Sheet
7eviathan Offline

From Stainless Blank Sheet to Stainless Airholes Sheet
Hello everyone,

I try my best with my English grammar to give you understand what I try to say.

I built Max Cell with Stainless Blank Sheet and I tried exactly follow to Gas4free.com instruction. I put it into water and electric 12 Gauge wires from battery 12v of car to Max Cell for test only and bubblers are very weak, seem to me that it is not strong bubbles enough.

I am wondering if should I change from Stainless Blank Sheet to Stainless Airholes Sheet? Will it bubbles so strong?

Please help me.

Thank you very much.
01-27-2009 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbillr Offline

RE: From Stainless Blank Sheet to Stainless Airholes Sheet
(01-27-2009 06:29 AM)7eviathan Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I try my best with my English grammar to give you understand what I try to say.

I built Max Cell with Stainless Blank Sheet and I tried exactly follow to Gas4free.com instruction. I put it into water and electric 12 Gauge wires from battery 12v of car to Max Cell for test only and bubblers are very weak, seem to me that it is not strong bubbles enough.

I am wondering if should I change from Stainless Blank Sheet to Stainless Airholes Sheet? Will it bubbles so strong?

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

If you are using plain water, your bubbles will be very weak. You need some type of electrolyzer in the water to allow the electricity to flow between the plates.
In the beginning most people added baking soda to the water. However, after testing and the various problems baking soda causes people have found NaOH and KOH provide better results and the water remains clear whereas baking soda seemed to cause the water to turn brown, form a sludge and needed frequent water changes.
NaOH is also known as Lye or Drain cleaner, but make sure it is 100% NaOH and does not have any additives.
KOH is even better than NaOH but is not as easy to find as NaOH is.

Anyway, I did not ask you about plate spacing or any of the other specs about your cell because you said you built it according to Gas4free.com instructions.

So with that said, work on your electrolyzer in the water. Report back with your results.
By the way, you were fine with your English.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2009 06:55 AM by mrbillr.)
01-27-2009 06:54 AM
7eviathan Offline

Thank you and I forgot to tell you that I did add Hydrogen Peroxide on one tablespoon into 500ml distiill water and it is still weak bubbles. Is Hydrogen Peroxide useless?

Where can I find KOH or HaOH? Is it from Pharmacy or Chemist shop? If I find it and then how many must I add tablespoons into 500ml?

I am relieving that my English :-)
01-27-2009 07:21 AM
abe Offline

The last time I saw a Gas4Free system it was 11 plates About 2x3 1/2" dont expect much from that. Most the builders on this site are makeing cell 6x6 or 8x8 some 12x12. Thats a good starter cell, covers a lot or basics, But if you want HHO you'll have to go bigger. Keep reading these treads before you build. It will save you a lot of time and money. Good luck
01-27-2009 05:02 PM
7eviathan Offline

Thank you, abe. Must I not worry about measure of thickness, correct? I currently use 0.9mm thickness (convert to inch is 0.03546) or must I extra thinness?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
01-28-2009 04:06 AM
abe Offline

(01-28-2009 04:06 AM)7eviathan Wrote:  Thank you, abe. Must I not worry about measure of thickness, correct? I currently use 0.9mm thickness (convert to inch is 0.03546) or must I extra thinness?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

I use 20 Gauge but some people use 22 Gauge. If you can go to
Utube.com/user/EletrikRide click on see all and watch some of his videos.
He good and you can learn a lot there. Good luck
01-28-2009 04:34 PM
7eviathan Offline

Thank you all and ask you if I make a mistake if I did stainless sheet positive and negative touches each other and will it explode? In case, rather to ask you than sorry.
02-05-2009 12:35 PM
abe Offline

(02-05-2009 12:35 PM)7eviathan Wrote:  Thank you all and ask you if I make a mistake if I did stainless sheet positive and negative touches each other and will it explode? In case, rather to ask you than sorry.

If you build it as gas4free showed and the plates touch, on start up you'll blow the 30 amp fues before you can make any gas. Why don't you just check it with a volt meter for shorts before you put the water in the cell.
02-05-2009 04:29 PM
7eviathan Offline

I got it and thank you very BIG.
02-05-2009 10:21 PM
jrobillard Offline

I have also built the Gas4Free system. There are 11 plates, and I used 20 guage 316L. The plans were not specific in the spacing between the plates, I set it at 1/8 inch. There are 11 plates, stacked -+-+-+-+-+-. This thing draws about 30 amps. The plates I have are larger than the ones in the plans, I cut mine at 4 1/2 in x 2 5/8 in. Im also using stainless steel tabs that were left from trimming the plates to connect the stack to the terminals. The plans say to use stainless steel wire. I have produced hydrogen with this thing, and from the looks of the bubbles in the bubbler cell there is quite a bit of it. My problem is that the current draw. The plans say this thing should only draw 7 amps, and to use 14 gauge wire. I am not going to run 30 amps in 14 guage wire. What I need is to know what stack configuration I can use, and what electrolyte to use, not only to draw less current, but to stop the water from turning brown. Any help is greatly appreciated!
02-06-2009 07:09 AM