Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel Miser Magnets
Liveguy Offline

Fuel Miser Magnets
I was going to place this in the magnet section but I thought to myself, in case anybody dares getting them I would put it as a seperate topic.

There is a company out there that are selling a product called "Fuel Miser" (http://www.fuelmiser.net). Their website is good, their content accurate, their focus more focused on the legistimacy of their product rather than the actual technology itself. Features and benefits are always good with customers but man alive do they know how to ramble on about how good it is and all the institutions that are endorsing it.

They work on the fuel line in your engine. They are supposed to be fitted as close as possible to the fuel injectors or carburettor if you have any just before it enters the I.C.E. It promises 10-20 percent increase mpg and more importantly reduced emissions and a better engine.

The price I was quoted over here in the UK was about 200 pounds which is way above any other magnet product out there that I personally know of. I spotted the exact same product in china with slightly different housing for only 40 bucks.

I personally think its a scam. I know I would not waste that money if it was going to show me little or no results. A business mate is getting one next week and trying it out. Please be careful with magnets and buying into the hype.

You wil get more from a fuel heater than you will a magnetized clamp housed in pretty plastic. Magnets of themselves cannot change the nature of fuel by themselves, unless as I said in another post they are actioned by another electrical source.

If anybody has any experience working with them or their products kindly please share your honest experiences with us as I aim to inform others of possible scams. You will also be helping me get through to an Englishman who wants to spend over 100, 000 on this product.

See ya!
09-04-2008 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: Fuel Miser Magnets
I actually bought one of the fuel line magnets on a bet once. I won. It doesn't do squat. Maybe if it costed more than the $20.00 we spent, it would work better, hey?
09-04-2008 05:15 PM
colchiro Offline

Magnets aren't much good for your body any more than they work for your car. I think they're good for sticking stuff to the fridge, but I wouldn't pay for one to do that.Hmm.

Since cave man days, there's always someone out there trying to find a new use for magnets.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
09-04-2008 06:44 PM
walt2008 Offline

Liveguy Wrote:I was going to place this in the magnet section but I thought to myself, in case anybody dares getting them I would put it as a seperate topic.

There is a company out there that are selling a product called "Fuel Miser" (http://www.fuelmiser.net). Their website is good, their content accurate, their focus more focused on the legistimacy of their product rather than the actual technology itself. Features and benefits are always good with customers but man alive do they know how to ramble on about how good it is and all the institutions that are endorsing it.

They work on the fuel line in your engine. They are supposed to be fitted as close as possible to the fuel injectors or carburettor if you have any just before it enters the I.C.E. It promises 10-20 percent increase mpg and more importantly reduced emissions and a better engine.

The price I was quoted over here in the UK was about 200 pounds which is way above any other magnet product out there that I personally know of. I spotted the exact same product in china with slightly different housing for only 40 bucks.

I personally think its a scam. I know I would not waste that money if it was going to show me little or no results. A business mate is getting one next week and trying it out. Please be careful with magnets and buying into the hype.

You wil get more from a fuel heater than you will a magnetized clamp housed in pretty plastic. Magnets of themselves cannot change the nature of fuel by themselves, unless as I said in another post they are actioned by another electrical source.

If anybody has any experience working with them or their products kindly please share your honest experiences with us as I aim to inform others of possible scams. You will also be helping me get through to an Englishman who wants to spend over 100, 000 on this product.

See ya!

Mythbusters tested magnets on the fuel line and found they did absolutely nothing!

In order for the magnets to have any effect at all, gasoline would have to contain something that is affected by a magnetic field. To the best of my knowledge gasoline does not contain anything that is affected by a magnetic field.
09-05-2008 02:17 PM
saltmine Offline

When I worked as a fleet mechanic for the County, I had some experience with the "fuel Miser" magnets.

The guy who was selling them talked my boss into buying ten of them to use on some of our fleet cars. You can guess who got to install them.... The ten cars were all Chevy Lumina V-6 auto trans cars.
Every one of them would consistantly return over 25 mpg. The Lumina's without magnets were giving the same gas mileage...All ten of them went to auction with 150,000 miles on them.....When their new owners picked them up, they all still had their "fuel Miser" magnets...And, they never got any better fuel economy than the ones without the magnets.
10-03-2008 07:53 PM
howiemandel Offline

theres a magnet section now?
10-04-2008 03:34 AM
Gary Offline

Heheh...not any more!
[Image: footaward.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2008 05:18 AM by Gary.)
10-04-2008 05:14 AM
howiemandel Offline

lol. (shrugs shoulders)
10-04-2008 09:29 AM
realtyroy Offline

Just another way to rip off people without a lot of common sense.
I thought their was a place online to report scams like this but I cant find it. If their isn't a place for a person to report things of this nature their should be.

Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
10-04-2008 09:42 AM
MadScientist Offline

Quick leason on magnets and fuel economy.

There are two primary crude oils used to produce gasoline and diesel fuel; Paraffin-Base and Asphalt-Base. Most of the world and especially North America's gasoline and diesel fuel is derived from asphalt-base crude (including Alaskan crude). Magnetic fields have NO USABLE EFFECT on Asphalt-Base crude refined fuels. However, Paraffin-Base fuel reacts much more favorably to magnetic field pulses.
This is where the "magnet" scams come in. Is there evidence that they work? Sort of, but needs to be a pulsed magnetic field and it must be on a Paraffin-Base refined fuel, which you would be hard pressed to find in todays refined fuels.
12-30-2008 07:33 PM