Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel Miser Magnets
Gary Offline

RE: Fuel Miser Magnets
I just found out that you get a bajillion sites by typing in "scamwatch", including http://www.scamwatch.com that has some good overview tips.
It would seem that the internet may be rife with an abundance of shysters operating in every possible venue that involves financial gain.
But of course, not in the HHO world; oh nooooo....
12-30-2008 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadScientist Offline

There's a report that was put out in May 2007 by the RAND corporation on the use of magnets to improve fuel efficiency. For those who don't know who RAND is, they are a non-profit (mostly federally funded) R&D company. Revenue for 2007 was $223 million. In a nut-shell, magnets don't work. Now most people on this site know that magnets on your fuel lines is a scam. I just thought someone out there might want a link to the actual scientific study of such. Here's a quote from the report;

"Application of magnetic fields has not been shown in the literature to lower the viscosity of automotive fuels. Along with empirical testing, establishing a theoretical basis underlying the effect of magnetic fields on fuel viscosity, surface tension, and atomization might provide useful information for developing and evaluating magnetic field-based fuel treatment devices."

Here's the link in case anyone wants to read about it; http://www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/TR313/
Be sure to click on the "News Release."
01-04-2009 01:38 AM
Gary Offline

I searched the site for "hydrogen", and came up with only fuel-cell and aviation technologies. They DID address the possibility of generalized hydrogen pumping stations, especially in light of California's strict codes. But our application has yet to be researched, outside of the NASA document that was so inconclusive.
Thought I'd save you guys some time.
01-04-2009 05:55 AM
VortexLou Offline

RE: RAND report

Since the RAND report was published, there HAVE been academic studies published, written physics professors and published in peer reviewed periodicals, with both laboratory and real world testing performed, which concluded that magnets DO work. Here are two quotes from Electrorheology:

"Both laboratory and road tests confirm our theory and indicate that such a device improves fuel mileage significantly."

"In other words, if the engine on the road is under the same condition as our laboratory tests with the dynamometer, the fuel mileage will be increased by 20.4%"

For this, and other academic papers, you can visit: http://vortexfuelsaver.com/literature_32.html

Of course, for real world results, there are lots more at:
http://vortexfuelsaver.com/proof_28.html

Disclaimer: As President of Vortex, which sells the Vortex Fuel Saver (http://www.VortexFuelSaver.com), I have a vested interest in setting the record straight.

Regards,
Lou Elwell
01-07-2009 07:21 AM
benny Offline

Rolleyes RE: Fuel Miser Magnets
(01-04-2009 01:38 AM)MadScientist Wrote:  There's a report that was put out in May 2007 by the RAND corporation on the use of magnets to improve fuel efficiency. For those who don't know who RAND is, they are a non-profit (mostly federally funded) R&D company. Revenue for 2007 was $223 million. In a nut-shell, magnets don't work. Now most people on this site know that magnets on your fuel lines is a scam. I just thought someone out there might want a link to the actual scientific study of such. Here's a quote from the report;

"Application of magnetic fields has not been shown in the literature to lower the viscosity of automotive fuels. Along with empirical testing, establishing a theoretical basis underlying the effect of magnetic fields on fuel viscosity, surface tension, and atomization might provide useful information for developing and evaluating magnetic field-based fuel treatment devices."

Here's the link in case anyone wants to read about it; http://www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/TR313/
Be sure to click on the "News Release."

Magnets work on overhead cranes for heavy lifting so, using the same principle, magnets might act as an aid to mileage gain IF you get one strong enough to attach a tow rope to a passing truck. Crazy

Watch out for the hard thump on take-off. Definite risk of whiplash.Big Grin
01-13-2009 06:42 AM
Gary Offline

Wonder if I'm the only one who noticed that a SALESperson is the one posting the studies and setting the record "straight"?
01-13-2009 02:57 PM
benny Offline

(01-13-2009 02:57 PM)Gary Wrote:  Wonder if I'm the only one who noticed that a SALESperson is the one posting the studies and setting the record "straight"?

Noticed that also.

Quote:Has anyone seen the new _____ generator by _____ at http://WWW._______.com?
Any thoughts on these? They look absolutely amazing. and they make lots of bubbles.
I just happen to have a couple of hundred of these which I am willing to pass on at the ridiculously high price of _____
Payments via Paypal, Maestro, American Express, ____, ___, etc accepted. Bankers draft preferred.

Payment in installments can be arranged. Small deposit of 100% and no monthly payments.

Stock form
Just fill in the blanks.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2009 03:18 AM by benny.)
01-14-2009 03:14 AM
Gary Offline

OBOYOBOYOBOY!!! LOTS OF BUBBLES! Gee, gotta get me one!
01-14-2009 06:12 AM
mrbillr Offline

(01-14-2009 06:12 AM)Gary Wrote:  OBOYOBOYOBOY!!! LOTS OF BUBBLES! Gee, gotta get me one!

LOL!!!

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
01-14-2009 12:03 PM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

(01-13-2009 02:57 PM)Gary Wrote:  Wonder if I'm the only one who noticed that a SALESperson is the one posting the studies and setting the record "straight"?

My favorite part was how his academic papers and real world results were featured on HIS website :P

Tongue

Put THAT in your juice box and suck it!
03-08-2009 10:06 PM