Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel Miser Magnets
colchiro Offline

RE: Fuel Miser Magnets
I could see the use of magnets to separate charged particles (like h2 and o2 in an h2 cell), but that's my short list and I don't know if that even works.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-09-2009 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

(01-07-2009 07:21 AM)VortexLou Wrote:  Disclaimer: As President of Vortex, which sells the Vortex Fuel Saver (http://www.VortexFuelSaver.com), I have a vested interest in setting the record straight.

RIGHT! Which is EXACTLY why we can't take anything you say seriously!

It's called a conflict of interests, sir. Have Popular Science run a story about it. Have MythBusters do a bit on it. Hell, have Saturday Night Live do a skit about it... I don't much care. But seriously... find some impartial outside authority to do your PR work, dude.

You just make yourself look like a scammer.
03-09-2009 08:37 PM
Gary Offline

Don't take mythbusters too seriously...the "test" they did on running a car on hydrogen was a total joke.
Overall, the way HHO acts so differently on the variety of cars out here, it's going to get different results with any car. The better thing to do would be to take an educated poll on people who have USED it on their cars, what units they used, electrolyte, amps and FE gains.
Oh...we did that on HHO-info...Hmm
Now if I can just get Gabe to put it in graph form, we could see something.
03-10-2009 04:45 AM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

(03-10-2009 04:45 AM)Gary Wrote:  Don't take mythbusters too seriously...the "test" they did on running a car on hydrogen was a total joke.
Overall, the way HHO acts so differently on the variety of cars out here, it's going to get different results with any car. The better thing to do would be to take an educated poll on people who have USED it on their cars, what units they used, electrolyte, amps and FE gains.
Oh...we did that on HHO-info...Hmm
Now if I can just get Gabe to put it in graph form, we could see something.

I heard that in one of the other forums as well.. what was the test they performed? How was it flawed? Don't be shattering my childhood illusions without backing it up with evidence Big Grin
03-10-2009 11:28 AM
fixityourselfer Offline

It looks to me that pretty much everyone here believes that magnets as a fuel-saver is a scam.

yet, magnets are an integral part of the hafc, which worked well enough to be seen as a threat by the "big oil" (or u.s. govt/auto industry) and eventually they shut him down. (and blamed the "shut-down" on legal/patent issues.
wasn't the hafc a
1.hho gen, .
2."optimizer" ?
3.fuel heater/magnetic ionizer?
07-25-2009 07:23 PM
RayMueller Offline

Hello:

In response to your request for information regarding the FuelMiser MPX, I've copied the review that I posted at Amazon pertaining to four of the units that I personally purchased since I was considering marketing the FuelMisers:

I was considering retailing these devices so I purchased four of them to see for myself if they actually worked. Two of the four went in to each my own two vehicles. The other two went in to other people's vehicles that had very long work commutes.

Results:

2010 Toyota Corolla: Gain of 4.6%
2006 Ford Taurus: Gain of 5.5%
2004 Toyota Sienna: Gain of 0.0% (nothing, zilch)
2007 Ford Focus: Gain of 0.0% (nothing, zilch)

All four tests were done over the course of approximately 5 months, allowing for plenty of time for each computer to adjust.

This left me with two useless FuelMisers. I returned one of the two for the satisfaction refund guarantee 8 weeks ago, and have written to the company twice asking where the refund is at. Still waiting for any kind of response. Still no refund.

Make your own choice.

~ Ray

(09-04-2008 05:02 PM)Liveguy Wrote:  I was going to place this in the magnet section but I thought to myself, in case anybody dares getting them I would put it as a seperate topic.

There is a company out there that are selling a product called "Fuel Miser" (http://www.fuelmiser.net). Their website is good, their content accurate, their focus more focused on the legistimacy of their product rather than the actual technology itself. Features and benefits are always good with customers but man alive do they know how to ramble on about how good it is and all the institutions that are endorsing it.

They work on the fuel line in your engine. They are supposed to be fitted as close as possible to the fuel injectors or carburettor if you have any just before it enters the I.C.E. It promises 10-20 percent increase mpg and more importantly reduced emissions and a better engine.

The price I was quoted over here in the UK was about 200 pounds which is way above any other magnet product out there that I personally know of. I spotted the exact same product in china with slightly different housing for only 40 bucks.

I personally think its a scam. I know I would not waste that money if it was going to show me little or no results. A business mate is getting one next week and trying it out. Please be careful with magnets and buying into the hype.

You wil get more from a fuel heater than you will a magnetized clamp housed in pretty plastic. Magnets of themselves cannot change the nature of fuel by themselves, unless as I said in another post they are actioned by another electrical source.

If anybody has any experience working with them or their products kindly please share your honest experiences with us as I aim to inform others of possible scams. You will also be helping me get through to an Englishman who wants to spend over 100, 000 on this product.

See ya!

07-02-2012 07:23 PM
Hotrod888 Offline

(12-30-2008 07:33 PM)MadScientist Wrote:  Quick leason on magnets and fuel economy.

There are two primary crude oils used to produce gasoline and diesel fuel; Paraffin-Base and Asphalt-Base. Most of the world and especially North America's gasoline and diesel fuel is derived from asphalt-base crude (including Alaskan crude). Magnetic fields have NO USABLE EFFECT on Asphalt-Base crude refined fuels. However, Paraffin-Base fuel reacts much more favorably to magnetic field pulses.
This is where the "magnet" scams come in. Is there evidence that they work? Sort of, but needs to be a pulsed magnetic field and it must be on a Paraffin-Base refined fuel, which you would be hard pressed to find in todays refined fuels.

I hate to be the contrary voice , but I fitted the fuel miser magnets on my 4.6 range rover and over the last 1000 miles we have had an increase of approximately 7% . Now that may not be as impressive but the company claims 5-8% in their tests and unsubstantiated claims from purchasers may claim 20% plus but I am happy with the results we got . From average of 19.3 mpg to over 23 mpg is a considerable ease on the wallet when we have averaged 15000 per year over the last 3 years !
Since this was originally posted there must have been a massive price reduction. The following link is where we purchased ours , and at under 5.00 GBP . So around $4 per unit
http://www.guysmagnets.com/view-product/fuel-miser
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 09:30 AM by Hotrod888.)
06-18-2016 09:25 AM
nuvisys Offline

(09-04-2008 06:44 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Magnets aren't much good for your body any more than they work for your car. I think they're good for sticking stuff to the fridge, but I wouldn't pay for one to do that.Hmm.

Since cave man days, there's always someone out there trying to find a new use for magnets.

Ijmca.org - archives
(1) vol 1, no7, Effect of magnetic field on fuel viscosity and engine performance

(2) vol 2, no2, Reduction of harmful emission by application of magnetic field on fuel line

(3) vol 3, no 2, Fuel Ionization by magnetic field on 4 stroke gasoline engines

(4) vol 2, no 2, Modification of engine to HHO.

I've tested a magnetic device from UK and got 10% better fc. Our two-device EM + ES have a better fc = 25%+. Pls tests a mag device before making a comment, otherwise you are posting 'fake news'.

(10-04-2008 09:29 AM)howiemandel Wrote:  lol. (shrugs shoulders)

Ijmca.org - archives
(1) vol 1, no7, Effect of magnetic field on fuel viscosity and engine performance

(2) vol 2, no2, Reduction of harmful emission by application of magnetic field on fuel line

(3) vol 3, no 2, Fuel Ionization by magnetic field on 4 stroke gasoline engines

(4) vol 2, no 2, Modification of engine to HHO

Magnets can give you 10% increase of savings. Our 2-in-1 device saves 25%+
Pls experiment installing mag devices before posting, otherwise it's 'fake news'.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2017 07:14 PM by nuvisys.)
06-29-2017 06:52 PM