Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel flow sensors?
numberonekiwi Offline

Fuel flow sensors?
I am wondering if there is such a thing available that can measure the amount of fuel consumed per min/hr etc all I can find on google are large volume devices and not what I am after (i.e ltrs/min instead of gallons/min) with a usable output that maybe intergrated with a speed sensor to show mile or km per liter / gallon) i understand most new car have this built in but mine does not I recall a kit many years ago that did just that but I can not locate it

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated ( I think the kit may of been a practical electronic magazine kit - uk around the early 80's)
04-21-2008 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Fuel flow sensors?
If your car is a 1996 or newer, you can use the ScanGauge II. Actually, US cars are required to have the OBD-II port that these plug into. But I'll bet the cars down under also have the same port. You'll need to check that out. OBD-II is a mandated standardization of engine info output that the ScanGauge II uses to report on many factors of engine operation, read and reset trouble codes and the like.

The only proviso is that if you use HHO and an EFIE, the liter/min will be skewed slightly as it uses the air/fuel ratio as part of it's mileage calcs.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-21-2008 09:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply