Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel magnets don't work
Diantane Offline

Fuel magnets don't work
Well most of them don't. I started installing magnetic systems in industrial applications in the early 80's. Started with water and then added fuel, air and (refrigerant in 2009). In the first 4.5 years after moving to West Virginia I have acquired over 6,000 new clients (mostly to save fuel).

I don't advertise on the Internet and not to be compared with all of the knockoff artists that see my results and think they can just go down to the hardware store, buy cheap magnets and beat my price. They never get any results so it never works. But because of it there's a lot of bad press going around.

In the Spring of 2006 I was referred to three brothers. They were the owners of a large local construction company (19 excavators). I am told to work on three pickup trucks. Two Dodge Cummings and one Ford PowerStroke. It was late Friday afternoon and they wanted me to do one more vehicle, but I was out of parts and would have to come back next week.

When I returned on Monday morning I saw one of the owners, John. Wished him a good morning and asked how it was going. He glared at me with a mean look and said he wanted his money back. Before another word was said, his brother George comes into the room laughing, He tells me not to listen to John as he is just kidding. Then John starts to laugh. Asked them what was going on. John immediately says that on Friday he told everyone else that this was some gadget, that it would never work, that they just blew their money and they would never see me again. (you know, "Fly By Night").

Told them in the last 25 years of doing this that I had heard that a few times. Asked him what changed his mind. John said that they use a computer chip in their trucks to get more horsepower. That they were hauling mini excavators and bobcats up the steep West Virginia mountain roads with their pickups. That heavy black smoke pours out of the exhaust. Anyway on Saturday he takes a heavy load up a mountain and looks back to the exhaust and the smoke is gone. He then asks, "Where did my smoke go?" I thought a few seconds and told him that if wanted it back, that I would have to remove the equipment, He quickly replied, "I don't want it back! What happened to it?"

Told him that the smoke is not from using food coloring. That it was unburned fuel. That the fuel was just wasted before was now still in his tank. That he was saving fuel. He said, "Just like that?" I replied, Just like that. About 90 seconds after you start your engine you start saving fuel." He quickly yelled, "I want more!" In the next few weeks I worked on 39 vehicles for them including two tractor trailer lowboys and ten tri-axle dump trucks. Three of them (all Mack Granite's) got a 22% higher MPG within a few days. They also gave me dozens of referrals.

Magnets can save fuel, but you have to do it correctly and there is 100 ways to install them, but only one of them works. You can't use just any magnet either. Most aren't powerful enough to penetrate the metal fuel lines. Neodymium magnets are strong, but lose their power in a few months when in a hot environment like the near an engine. If you just treat the fuel, you are missing out and the fuel savings would be minor.

Note: Without magnets you wouldn't have electricity in your home. They can be found in every generator. When you spin magnets around a coil, it produces electricity. Its called electromotive force (EMF) measured in direct current.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:57 AM by Diantane.)
05-03-2014 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vortexor Offline

RE: Fuel magnets don't work
Sounds very interesting!
Which magnets are you using?
How is the best way to install them?
05-03-2014 12:59 PM
Diantane Offline

(05-03-2014 12:59 PM)vortexor Wrote:  Sounds very interesting!
Which magnets are you using?
How is the best way to install them?

They are rare earth ceramic (resistant to heat) monopole magnets. Now you might think that monopole magnets are impossible. If you cut off the north pole a new north pole is created on the end of other part and you would be correct. We created a monopole magnet for two reasons. To increase their power (the ones we used are about 400 times stronger than the magnet is by itself) and to separate the polarities. What we do is install a driver plate on the opposite pole from what we want to use. If you were to put a nail on the other side of the steel plate, it would just fall off. This is why we call it a monopole magnet.

Fuel units must be installed right before it is burned. If you install then before a device like a filter or fuel pump, the power is lost.

Fuel needs oxygen for combustion. Part of the fuel molecules are positive polarity and part are negative. Because of this hydrocarbon clusters are created as the opposites attract. Since the oxygen can only reach the outside of the cluster only the outside or about 68% is burned. The remaining fuel goes into a catalytic converter, particular filter and/or other devices or it shows up as the black smoke you might see in some trucks. The catalytic converter changes the unburnt fuel to carbon dioxide and water. Because the converter is so hot it comes out the exhaust as steam vapor. Great for the environment, but a loss for your wallet. The carbon from the fuel goes into injectors and other parts of the engine -- as well as out the exhaust.

What we do is convert all of the fuel to a positive polarity. The clusters instantly break apart to tiny molecules again making them much easier to burn. Then we convert the air or oxygen to a negative polarity. When the negatively charged oxygen reaches the positively charged fuel they combine to produce oxygenated fuel. The combustion is much greater -- approximately 97% of the fuel is burned before reaching any pollution device. If you add an EA air filter http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=EAA08-EA remaining carbon monoxide is converted to carbon dioxide and your hydrocarbons (emissions) go to zero before the catalytic converter. Myself and many of my customers have tested this to be true. If they test the emissions in your area this will mess with the tester's minds Smile

There are only two ways to change the polarity of any energy. Either by a magnet or electromagnets. We tried electromagnets in 1992 and they work, but were far too expensive. Magnets were cheaper and easier to work with. Well still hard.. because the two sides are opposing each other and they are 400 times stronger than a plain magnet, putting them around a fuel line can be tough. We have to use 50 pound tinsel strength cable ties to pull them together. When we do larger fuel lines on an industrial furnace it becomes a lot harder. We have to use all thread and slowly pull them together. My skin has been pinched so hard as to draw blood or busted a few knuckles putting the big ones together. We have treated pipes up to 18 inches in outside diameter OD.

Have been a pioneering industrial engineer since 1988. By pioneering I mean that I have solved hundreds of engineering problems that others could not. From finding river rock inside a 10 inch cooling system pipe to a power plant turbine that kept over heating for months. Have installed over 12,000 magnetic systems in my career. A steel furnace got fuel 212 six inch fuel units and 110 ten inch air units installed. The natural gas pipe going to the building was nine feet in diameter. We saved them 17% of the fuel to do the same work as before the install. When we installed the entire system the fire got about 25% hotter. We simply turned back the fuel to save them money. Saving fuel on cars and trucks is near the end of my career. I turn 59 this month. I'm just solving an engineering problem that others could not.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:24 PM by Diantane.)
05-03-2014 01:09 PM
drive-h2o Offline

very interesting strong magnets are dangerous and need lot of care. Where can we buy/install. I have motorcycle and I use HCS system make by plans that I gathered from this forum and fuel ionizer. But this is much simpler. Is it available word wide ?
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 05:23 AM by drive-h2o.)
05-04-2014 05:22 AM
Diantane Offline

(05-04-2014 05:22 AM)drive-h2o Wrote:  very interesting strong magnets are dangerous and need lot of care. Where can we buy/install. I have motorcycle and I use HCS system make by plans that I gathered from this forum and fuel ionizer. But this is much simpler. Is it available word wide ?

I have only worked with motorcycles two different times. It was at the Suzuki and Harley Davidson motorcycle dealers. The positive units that go on the fuel lines are small "AFE-A (magnet and back plate) or AFE-S (two opposing magnets -- 7 times more powerful than the "A") and were hidden on fuel lines behind the carburetors. The reason you wouldn't use an "S" is that it might not fit in the space available. The MAE-B (two opposing magnets) or MAE-C (3 magnets in a triangle formation) were used inside the air box near the exit point.

Both dealers tested their bikes before and after on a Dynamometer. The Harley Davidson dealer who was on his bike during the test could feel the increased torque and was grinning ear to ear before seeing the results. They weren't interested in the fuel efficiency, but I told them with the additional "free" horsepower to move the motorcycle down the road, it would be burning less gasoline. He agreed with that.

Both dealers had similar results. The new Suzuki motorcycle that we tested was already sold. They called the owner and told him of the results and asked him if he wanted to leave the system installed on the bike for an added cost. When he heard the results he happily paid the extra fee.

The horsepower difference on the Suzuki was 16% while the Harley Davidson was 24%. If you installed a larger fuel unit like the HDFE-B, the electromotive force (EMF) would be increased and then so would the horsepower. However the HDFE-B is going to be too large for the motorcycle without showing up in plain view. If the fuel line could be extended and there were space like under the seat it would work.

One of my customers had a 1949 John Deere tractor that he used in a tractor pull competition. He told me he just needed 5% more horsepower and he could start winning races. Since the tractor was an open architecture like a motorcycle we would have to hide the units. He asked why he had to hide it. I said that when you all of a sudden start winning races others will start checking out your tractor to see what the difference is. They will be looking for nitro tanks Big Grin

We extended the fuel like 19 feet and put 3 HDFE-B's fuel units in series under the seat (an enclosed area). The MAE-C air unit was mounted around the air intake which was in plain view on the right side of the engine, but then I took an empty coffee can and cut out the bottom end and then cut the can lengthwise. Then I wrapped the can around the air units, clamped it together with large hose clamps, stuffed steel wool into both ends and then painted the whole thing with John Deere green. Others thought it was some sort of air filter Smile We also installed a TCE-B on the water line under the front cap. This helps to saturate the EMF in the engine faster and to keep the cooling system scale free. I take pictures of every install, but could not in this case. He didn't want anyone to know what he had done.

Met his wife in the grocery store two months later. She thanked me. Asked her why and she said her husband won the next three races!

Dangerous magnets: I've asked customers to hold one half of a TCE-B in one hand and the the other half in the other hand. Then to slowly push them together. At about 6 inches away from each other they start to feel the resistance. At two inches they are having trouble closing the gap anymore Smile The only way to do it is to lock your fingers together and have some strong muscles to push them together. If they slipped from their hands they would fly through the air from the "explosion" of the two units opposing each other. I've also had a customer grab some nails and hold them in his hand with the opening facing down. Then I would put the magnet on the top of their hand and tell them to open their hand. They were astonished when no nails moved from their hand.

All of the systems are rare earth ceramic magnets coated in plastic to protect from corrosion. There is at least 3 magnets in each half. The HDFE has 6 as they are double stacked (industrial systems are triple stacked). I took a neodymium bar magnet with no coating and put it on the top of my arm and put another one on the bottom. Neodymium magnets are the strongest in the world. The magnets stuck to both sides of my arm, but they wanted to be together and somehow slipped to the side of my arm. They pinched my skin between them and with the force of the impact a small piece broke off and flew over to other hand and cut into it. There is no way to pull the magnets away from each other by hand. You need to use tools. I was in my car when I was playing around with them. The pain of the pinching skin was extreme, but I pulled the key out of the ignition and used it to pry the two halves away from each other for a moment. It still tore off some of my skin. I have the scar on my arm to this day. I will never "fool around" with raw magnets again.

For ordering information and pricing, send a message to aldersonsales@gmail.com . As I said before. I don't advertise on the Internet. I got my hands full locally. When the Department of Transportation said they wanted me to convert the fuel systems on over 1500 trucks after I saved them 1255 gallons of diesel fuel in 11 months on one truck, my time was very limited Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 08:01 AM by Diantane.)
05-05-2014 07:40 AM
nuvisys Offline

ordinary magnets, even magnets from speakers, do work but to a certain degree. the maximum savings ordinary permanent magnets (PM) could do is 5%-10%.

i've used magnetic devices since 1997. after installation, i traveled less than 20 kms and nothing happened. at that time, i concluded that magnets are scam devices. then i traveled more than 100kms. at the 50km mark, i noticed that the noise from the diesel engine became 'lost' and i thought that i was driving a gasoline car. from that time on, until now, i believe that magnets could save fuel. you have to experience it to believe it.

there are things to consider when installing magnets. (1) upon installation, there is no immediate effect. you have to drive 50-100kms for them to take effect. this is called 'learning effect/ conditioning period'. this may take a few days or ordinary use. (2) likewise, when the magnets are removed, you have to use the car for a few days for the car to revert to baseline conditions. this is called 'memory effect'. these phenomena are inherent for magnetic devices.

bear in mind that PM's could save a max of 10% because of its fixed field. a pulsing magnetic field could save up to 30%-highway driving( a feeble but pulsing field from electronic devices is better than a fixed field).

diantane, your magnetic device using monopole magnets is a new revelation for me. thanks for the info. do you have the info how much a vehicle could save using your concept? i assume, it could be more than 50%.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 03:06 AM by nuvisys.)
05-18-2014 12:46 AM
Diantane Offline

I once converted a motorhome that was averaging 4.2 MPG. A few days later they reported getting 6.4 MPG which would be a 52.4 percent increase, but its still pretty bad MPG Smile

The best I ever did was a with a Honda Insight (hybrid). It started at 57 mpg on the highway which was pretty darn good already, but I increased it to 69.7 mpg. A 22.3 percent increase. A month later I got a call from a Honda representative asking how I accomplished that (they tested the same car themselves Smile Average increase is 16 to 22 percent. No speaker magnets here - lol.

You mention a delay effect. That would be true if you put the unit just anywhere on the fuel line. The fuel is converted to a positive polarity with our products. But you have to wait for the fuel to go from the installation point to the injectors before saving anything. This would work okay if your fuel system had a return line back to the tank after going through the fuel rail. If it is a static fuel system that has no return, we install smaller units on every injector as well as a larger unit on the main line right before the fuel rail. This gives you an instant savings and a nice increase in horsepower. Emissions are reduced by 93% on average. You will see the results on an emissions tester instantly after installation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_61-U7wSQ If you use an Ea Nanofiber air filter http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=EAA08-EA more carbon monoxide is converted to carbon dioxide and emissions go to zero. About twenty minutes after turning off the engine, the positive fuel reverts back to normal.

Started working in this business when I was 27 years old and at 59 now, so it has been a long ride. Didn't start converting cars and light trucks on a regular basis until October 2005 when gasoline hit $3.00 for the first time (over 4,500 vehicle conversions so far).I don't just sell the unit and walk away, I install them on the spot or train others just starting out in the business. This way the customers gets to see how great the product is right away and will tell their friends so I sell even more. Before this most dealers just sold the product and the customer would put it on the shelf and it might sit there for 20 years. Then distributors around the country ask why I'm doing four times more sales than everyone else combined. We work with gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, propane, natural gas, refrigerant and water. Water was the first application in the early eighties.

Some people will tell you that magnets align the molecules. I have personally read this on many websites. That's total "BS". If they tell you that they need to go into another business right away.

All the products have the patent numbers on the labels. There used to be 23 patent numbers, but the patents run out after about 20 years. Today there is only 3 to 4 numbers per product. We carry over one hundred monopole products. Our products are cheap like the knockoff products out there, but the return on investment is fast. Usually 6 to 12 weeks. We were the first company working in magnetic treatment products. When others saw our success they figured they could just buy cheap magnets at a hardware store and beat our price. Unfortunately their product didn't work and gave the industry a bad name. Our company has 286 shareholders so it didn't hurt us.

By the way, we have another product that uses two rings. One negative and the other positive. There is a hole in the middle with a stainless steel handle. It converts beverages. It can make bud light taste like heineken Smile Takes the acidic taste away from orange juice. Even converts the taste of wines. Its a great gift for someone who has everything (almost) Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 12:50 PM by Diantane.)
06-05-2014 08:21 AM
Diantane Offline

The most fuel I have ever saved in one place was a steel mill with a 9 foot diameter natural gas pipe feeding it. There were 240 four inch fuel lines feeding the furnace and 120 six inch air lines. Took me two weeks to install all the equipment.

Results: They had their choice of running at a 27% higher production rate using the same fuel they were using before or use 14% less gas to have the same about of heat they had before. Plus the black smoke that was coming out of the chimneys disappeared and the fireboxes were clean of any carbon.

The most fun project I ever did was increasing the horsepower of a 1939 John Deere tractor which was used for tractor pull competition. We had to hide all of the equipment so no one could tell where all the extra power was coming from. We ran 9 feet of additional fuel line to mount units in a compartment under the seat. The water unit was hidden behind the grill. The really tough one was the air products. The air line was right in the open on the right side of the tractor. After mounting the hardware, I took a coffee can and cut open the bottom end (top was already open to get the coffee out). Then I cut the can lengthwise so I could wrap it around the air line and our products. We held it together with two large hose clamps. Then we stuffed steel wool in both ends and painted the whole thing John Deere green. It looked like some sort of air filter housing.

Met his wife in the grocery store a month later. She said her husband won the next three competitions after the conversion.

Another one was a dually one ton racing pick-up. The owner used propane with the diesel fuel for more horsepower. I treated both the diesel fuel and the propane. Never saw a truck like that lay two patches of rubber after that. Neither did the owner Big Grin
06-05-2014 08:37 PM
nuvisys Offline

==Magnets===(from wikipedia)
[[Magnets]] attached to a vehicle's fuel line have been claimed to improve fuel economy by aligning fuel molecules, but because motor fuels are [[Chemical polarity|non-polar]], no such alignment or other magnetic effect on the fuel is possible. When tested, typical magnet devices had no effect on vehicle performance or economy.<ref name="magnetshdtw"/

OT: EPA, wikipedia, mythbusters, popular mechanics, etal are portraying that magnets have no effect on vehicles, yet this site (fuel-saver.org) is saying otherwise. are all debunkers under the payroll of Big O?

I've registered on two other sites but they always delete my replies when i talk about magnets and fuel saving. Whenever I insisted, I am notified that my registration is in question and my replies are deleted. fuel-saver.org, thank you.

Diantane, ordinary PM's always give me around 8-10% savings, always with a delay. the vehicle have to travel 50 - 100km for the savings to take effect. I always install the PM's immediately before or after the fuel filter. Of course, i dont install the magnets on new engines coz the magnetic field may interfere with the ECU. When the PMs are removed, it would take several days for the engine to revert to baseline conditions.

I want to congratulate you for your endeavors, esp. your pioneering work on using monopole magnets. the magnetic circuit of an audio speaker is some sort of a monopole, isnt it? this is because the field is much weaker on the side where the steel plate is placed. I once used a ceramic magnet (64mm dia, 16mm thick) with the steel plate. the contraption weigh 1/2 kgm. i could 'feel' that the car's performance improved but i removed it several days later for fear of ruining the fuel hose which could be a fire hazard. Another thing i dislike about these magnets is residual magnetism. i could still sense the presence of the residual field after several months.

Since i am using an electronic fuel saver, the transducer i install on the fuel hose is less than 100gms. sir, your method (and mine) of conditioning air and fuel oppositely is the simplest method of increasing combustion. no maintenance problems. real 'plug n play'.

So, you are now in wine treatment. unique way of utilizing magnetic fields. have been magnetizing a glass of water and exposing it to the north field and drinking it occasionally. i prefer alkaline water from aluminum pyramids. OT again, sorry.
06-06-2014 07:02 PM
Diantane Offline

I was reading another site the other day that said when cars started using a computer to operate the fuel air mixture we were kept to a 14.7 (air) to 1 (fuel) mix ratio. In Europe they get a 16 to 20, to 1 ratio. It was said that automakers, big companies and the government keep our engine efficiencies this low.

Well when you convert the fuel to a positive polarity and the air to negative you oxygenate the fuel before the computer does its thing. So this is another reason why you save fuel with these products.

I see other sites telling people that the molecules are aligned. Even one of our distributors said this on their site. I sent a letter to the president of our company complaining about this nonsense. It is very untrue. They got their information from another quack and they just keep on passing it around.

I met a nuclear engineer in Michigan once. He explained the same technology that I work with (a bit of a more technical explanation though Smile, but if they teach this in college you know it can't be related to all the bozos out there talking about aligned molecules Smile

You don't want to install our magnetic products on a hanging fuel line. Especially if it is rubber. When this is unavoidable I brace it. However the best place to install the fuel unit is right before the injectors (like an inch away). Its not as easy to install as putting it on an open line, but the results will be much better.

When other people that sell magnetic fuel systems they try to see it via the Internet, ship it out and wait for another customer to come along.

I operate a commercial business. I work with large trucking companies, coal mines, quarries, office buildings, factories, power plants, steel mills and the list goes on and on. I perform four to eight installations almost every day. I'm sure I am the only one doing this in the world as I started working with this 25 years ago. Its a great business with no competition. There have been other distributors selling this product, but few of them actually work in the field like I do. Some people see our success and think they can copy us using a cheap product. People like this give us a bad name, but I'm still earning a good living every day regardless.

Years ago I did a 16 cylinder diesel engine. It was one of 14 engines powering electrical generators. This auxiliary power plant is run during the summer to provide more electricity to the grid due to people using air conditioning. Told them that there was no reason to shut down the engine while i did the install. When I was done they asked how long it would be before they saw any results. Told them to walk outside with me. There were normally 14 smoke stacks on the roof with black smoke billowing out of them. When we walked outside there were only 13 stacks with the black smoke coming out. The engineer panicked and ran back inside thinking that the engine I worked on turned off. He had a very curious look on his face. I re-explained to him exactly what was happening. There was hot air coming from the stack, but the opacity was almost gone. Told him it would be zero emissions if he did a small upgrade. Further work on the remaining engines was halted by a government agency. Probably had some lobbyist from the oil companies paying them off.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 05:14 AM by Diantane.)
06-20-2014 04:52 AM