Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel vapor system
Google7 Offline

Fuel vapor system
[attachment=1605][attachment=1606]Hey guys I'm new here
I'm From Manitoba Canada and I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 4.8L
I bought the truck om Jan/11/2013 used so it had 94,000 kms on it and when I bought it I was getting an average of 14 to 15 mpg so then I bought a Fuel Max chip from flebay and from then on in I've been getting an average of 17 mpg
So I've been doing lost of reading and because in Manitoba we have cold ass winters so an HHO system would be hard to keep from freezing so I came across this Fuel Vapor System read up on that and built one. It's a 4in ABC pipe 1 foot long.Anyways as I was saying I was getting average 17 mpg
I installed the system today and reset the mpg computer and test drove it for about 10 miles it at the end of my 10 mile stretch I hit 19 mpg My cruise was set at 97 kmh so I hope this mod will prove it's self to be really good and reliable

[attachment=1609]
[attachment=1610]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 05:45 PM by Google7.)
04-13-2013 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Fuel vapor system
Where did you find that write up?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-14-2013 06:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

(04-13-2013 05:36 PM)Google7 Wrote:  Hey guys I'm new here
I'm From Manitoba Canada and I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 4.8L
I bought the truck om Jan/11/2013 used so it had 94,000 kms on it and when I bought it I was getting an average of 14 to 15 mpg so then I bought a Fuel Max chip from flebay and from then on in I've been getting an average of 17 mpg
So I've been doing lost of reading and because in Manitoba we have cold ass winters so an HHO system would be hard to keep from freezing so I came across this Fuel Vapor System read up on that and built one. It's a 4in ABC pipe 1 foot long.Anyways as I was saying I was getting average 17 mpg
I installed the system today and reset the mpg computer and test drove it for about 10 miles it at the end of my 10 mile stretch I hit 19 mpg My cruise was set at 97 kmh so I hope this mod will prove it's self to be really good and reliable

Can you explain the mechanics of it?
04-14-2013 07:38 AM
Google7 Offline

well under the lid there is a hose going to the bottom of the pipe and the other side does not . the side that does not have a hose to the bottom gets connected to the intake manifold .the suction from the intake cause the fuel to bubble causing vapors the vapors goes into the engine and gets completely burnt
(04-14-2013 06:46 AM)mike Wrote:  Where did you find that write up?

what write up are you referring to
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 04:40 PM by Google7.)
04-14-2013 04:40 PM
rpatzer Offline

Google7- you need to be more technical. Can you draw in a sketch how you put it together? Where did you source your fuel from? Is your air source inline from the PCV? Is there a valve metering the fuel into your cylinder? Did you set your fuel for city or freeway driving or both? Be more specific about how you put this together.
04-14-2013 05:11 PM
Google7 Offline

ok the pipe or canister that i made i fill it half full with gas,there is a small spit coming out of the plastic intake manifold toward the back of the engine on the passenger side that is where i connected the 1/4in hose to the canister there is no valve metering the flow now maybe i should have drilled a hole just before the throttle body so there is more of a metering you know the more you push on the gas the more it will suck vapors there is no setting for hyway or city and like i said in the beginning I went to co-op bought some 4inch sewer had it cut 12inches long and capped it on the bottom and a screw lid on top yes unfortunately I'll have to fill it my self but then i get to monitor it better on how much it uses
Did the pictures not show up on how it looks
hope this answers some of your questions
04-14-2013 08:09 PM
rpatzer Offline

(04-14-2013 08:09 PM)Google7 Wrote:  ok the pipe or canister that i made i fill it half full with gas,there is a small spit coming out of the plastic intake manifold toward the back of the engine on the passenger side that is where i connected the 1/4in hose to the canister there is no valve metering the flow now maybe i should have drilled a hole just before the throttle body so there is more of a metering you know the more you push on the gas the more it will suck vapors there is no setting for hyway or city and like i said in the beginning I went to co-op bought some 4inch sewer had it cut 12inches long and capped it on the bottom and a screw lid on top yes unfortunately I'll have to fill it my self but then i get to monitor it better on how much it uses
hope this answers some of your questions.You also have to supply fuel by hand.

It sounds like you sourced your air with positive response to your fuel demand i.e., more gas = more vaccum. But the more critical question is how to regulate the fuel source to demand.
I did the same thing with a pickel jar and got good results. But I also had to feed the fuel manually.
The air supply will always be enough to create vapors, no matter where it comes from. The question is how to meter the fuel to match rpms. If you come up with that solution, let us know.
04-15-2013 06:52 AM
hhofox Offline

Hi guys, you should just check out HCS. WHat you have done here is the basic part of it, and more is discussed in the thread below.
http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...em?page=90
04-15-2013 07:20 AM
Google7 Offline

(04-15-2013 06:52 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(04-14-2013 08:09 PM)Google7 Wrote:  ok the pipe or canister that i made i fill it half full with gas,there is a small spit coming out of the plastic intake manifold toward the back of the engine on the passenger side that is where i connected the 1/4in hose to the canister there is no valve metering the flow now maybe i should have drilled a hole just before the throttle body so there is more of a metering you know the more you push on the gas the more it will suck vapors there is no setting for hyway or city and like i said in the beginning I went to co-op bought some 4inch sewer had it cut 12inches long and capped it on the bottom and a screw lid on top yes unfortunately I'll have to fill it my self but then i get to monitor it better on how much it uses
hope this answers some of your questions.You also have to supply fuel by hand.

It sounds like you sourced your air with positive response to your fuel demand i.e., more gas = more vaccum. But the more critical question is how to regulate the fuel source to demand.
I did the same thing with a pickel jar and got good results. But I also had to feed the fuel manually.
The air supply will always be enough to create vapors, no matter where it comes from. The question is how to meter the fuel to match rpms. If you come up with that solution, let us know.

well the higher the rpms causes more vacuum so wouldn't that meter how much vapors enter in or if I would have put the hose just before the throttle body the the butterfly on the throttle body would meter how much vacuum is created I have thought of putting in a gauge to see exactly how much vacuum is created at different rpms
04-15-2013 08:18 AM
rpatzer Offline

Google7- I guess if your are gaining in mileage, then it is not too rich.
04-16-2013 05:53 AM