Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuse
cbwiper1 Offline

Fuse
Mike,

Received the basic circuit board EFIE today...thanks for the fast ship!

I originally was going to hook up the 12v supply to the EFIE with an inline fuse. However, in the instructions I didn't read any mention of using a fuse. The EFIE 12v supply will be tapped off of the switched power supply for the experimental HHO generator.

Is a fuse not needed nor recommended?
If it is optional, what would be a recommended size (amperage)?

I'm looking forward to experimenting with this new (at least to me) concept of increasing gas mileage.

Chuck B.
04-22-2008 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Fuse
Hi Chuck. Welcome to the forum

The EFIE draws almost no power. So you can put it on another circuit that is switched without worry of overloading that circuit. I will assume that the circuit you are connecting it to is fused. That will be good enough. You're just looking for protection in case a wire gets exposed and shorted somehow. If you wanted to fuse the EFIE itself, you can use the smalled fuse you can find because the EFIE draws less than .1 amp. But I wouldn't bother with that unless there is no other fuse on the circuit you are using.

Good luck with your project. Stop back here if you need help, and be sure to let us know your results when you have them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply