Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gains on GM vehicles?
wes77 Offline

Gains on GM vehicles?
Has anyone achieved mileage gains on GM vehicles? 06' (or around there) 3800 v6 equipped vehicles for example? Just curious what it takes? Approx LPM output? Computer fooling devices: O2 extenders, efie, maf adjuster, all of the above? I really don't want to tap into the vehicle wiring harness. I don't mind splicing into an 02 sensor harness, but I don't want to void the vehicle warranty with some of the other more invasive methods...

I'm currently waiting on a refund for the cell I purchased off of e-bay and wondering if it is worthwhile to reinvest the money (should I recieve it Smile ) into HHO or just save it for when gas prices rise again... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Wes
11-26-2008 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dogman Offline

RE: Gains on GM vehicles?
Wes, what kind of vehicle do you have? I have an 03 Buick Lesabre with the 3800. I've been playing with HHo for a couple of months but not had any positive results yet. I am producing 1 LPM at 20amps and using an EFIE set at about 150mv. I have a MAP enhancer to install. I believe my first step before MAP installation would be to make my cell more efficient. It is a sealed cell as I bought it already constructed. I am going to try to heat the CPVC cap on the housing to see if I can get the adhesive to loosen up to pop the cap off. The cell has (5) 4X6 316 SS plates in a +nnnn- configuration. I plan on wrapping the plates and experimenting with possibly adding another neutral in. From what I am reading, I am guessing this engine is going to need at least 2 LPM with some other sensor mods. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears!

Doug
2003 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8L V6
Minot, ND
11-26-2008 05:25 PM
thomasbala Offline

dogman Wrote:Wes, what kind of vehicle do you have? I have an 03 Buick Lesabre with the 3800. I've been playing with HHo for a couple of months but not had any positive results yet. I am producing 1 LPM at 20amps and using an EFIE set at about 150mv. I have a MAP enhancer to install. I believe my first step before MAP installation would be to make my cell more efficient. It is a sealed cell as I bought it already constructed. I am going to try to heat the CPVC cap on the housing to see if I can get the adhesive to loosen up to pop the cap off. The cell has (5) 4X6 316 SS plates in a +nnnn- configuration. I plan on wrapping the plates and experimenting with possibly adding another neutral in. From what I am reading, I am guessing this engine is going to need at least 2 LPM with some other sensor mods. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears!
You're right about the 2+ lpm HHO. I didn't see any results until I shot 2 lpm into my 3.0 liter Nissan. Good Luck
11-26-2008 07:26 PM
GaryWMass Offline

Hey Wes, I have an 05 chevy malibu, 3.5L v6. I haven't installed anything on it just yet I'm just getting started. Just got my plates in today. Not much room under the hood so my biggest concern is will I be able to put a big enough cell under there? It may take me a couple weeks or so to get it going but I'll let you know how it goes.
12-01-2008 08:17 PM
wes77 Offline

I installed mine between the front bumper and radiator. You can access the area from the top and or bottom by removing some shielding. It was a pain, but I was able to mount everything there. I am thinking about making a tandem cell (dual cells in series) and installing them in the spring to see if I can get gains with more gas. Let me know how you make out. Thanks for the input.
12-02-2008 11:11 AM
DodgeViper Offline

Just my 2 cents but I do not believe gains can be seen until the HHO production is over 3lpm... With my cell I plan to reach 4lpm at 60 amps on a 4.7L motor. 7lpm is possible but at nearly 80 amps with my cell. I will be using a DEFIE...

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
12-02-2008 09:02 PM
thomasbala Offline

DodgeViper Wrote:Just my 2 cents but I do not believe gains can be seen until the HHO production is over 3lpm... With my cell I plan to reach 4lpm at 60 amps on a 4.7L motor. 7lpm is possible but at nearly 80 amps with my cell. I will be using a DEFIE...
No question HHO must be sufficient to begin with. I like to generalize and say 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement is sufficient HHO. Depending on year, make & model an EFIE most probably be required.
12-02-2008 09:10 PM
Mika Offline

Opel Vivaro 1.9 dti, I lpm at ~12 amps. About 15% gain. From 8 liter/100km to 7 liter.
12-03-2008 12:30 PM