Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gas4Free - Nylon Washers/Distance between plates
Budro Offline

Gas4Free - Nylon Washers/Distance between plates
I would like to know if anyone knows the distance between the stainless steel plates when using the nylon washers?
08-12-2008 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Gas4Free - Nylon Washers/Distance between plates
Generally, approximately 1/8 inch is recommended.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-12-2008 04:58 PM
saltmine Offline

The optimum gap is 1.6mm. Nylon washers and stainless steel cut washers are 1/16" thick (.0625") which is .0005" closer than 1.6mm (.0630"). Most guys are using 1/8" gaps because they can't get their plates really flat, so they open up the gap to prevent them from touching.
08-30-2008 05:59 PM
Budro Offline

saltmine Wrote:The optimum gap is 1.6mm. Nylon washers and stainless steel cut washers are 1/16" thick (.0625") which is .0005" closer than 1.6mm (.0630"). Most guys are using 1/8" gaps because they can't get their plates really flat, so they open up the gap to prevent them from touching.

Have you finished a gas4free build and have it up and running? We are stuck at the point of mixing the water/salt/hydrogen peroxide solution. We are unsure of quantities as related to the percentages given in the manual. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.
09-03-2008 08:59 AM
hedgehog Offline

Budro Wrote:
saltmine Wrote:The optimum gap is 1.6mm. Nylon washers and stainless steel cut washers are 1/16" thick (.0625") which is .0005" closer than 1.6mm (.0630"). Most guys are using 1/8" gaps because they can't get their plates really flat, so they open up the gap to prevent them from touching.

Have you finished a gas4free build and have it up and running? We are stuck at the point of mixing the water/salt/hydrogen peroxide solution. We are unsure of quantities as related to the percentages given in the manual. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

I have finished mine. I tried it tonight but I have continuity between the positive and negative posts on top when it is together and there is no solution in yet. I am unsure how the plates are touching, there is no visible sign of it. I will have to tear apart tomorrow and figure out the problem before I can move forward.
09-04-2008 08:03 PM
bwcrim Offline

I am having the same problem. What guage metal did you use? I used 18 guage 316 grade. Could it be that the thick metal is causing continuity between the plates?
09-05-2008 06:27 AM
Budro Offline

bwcrim Wrote:I am having the same problem. What guage metal did you use? I used 18 guage 316 grade. Could it be that the thick metal is causing continuity between the plates?

We used 24 gauge according to Hedgehog.
09-05-2008 07:13 AM
bwcrim Offline

Vic with gas for free just emailed me saying it had to be 24 guage and 20 guage cable. Are you using 20 gauge cable? I dont know about you but I found alot of mistakes in the gas 4 free build. I'm getting a little frustrated!
09-05-2008 08:16 AM
hedgehog Offline

bwcrim Wrote:Vic with gas for free just emailed me saying it had to be 24 guage and 20 guage cable. Are you using 20 gauge cable? I dont know about you but I found alot of mistakes in the gas 4 free build. I'm getting a little frustrated!

20 gauge cable to the plates? or for the wiring? I just dropped the thickness of my cable and hooked it up to a battery. I definitely made some HHO but the liquid turned brown in a matter of seconds and the cables were cherry red, where they were out of the water. Unfortuanetly I did not have a fuse or an amp meter in the mix to find out what amps I was running. It was pretty neat to see all the gas coming out though. We are getting closer to the end product. You are right, there are alot of mistakes in the g4f build.
09-05-2008 12:34 PM
bwcrim Offline

The first time I downloaded the book it did not give me the same info that I received the second time I downloaded it. I know -thats weird. It could have been my computer, but I dont think so. I think if the instructions were a little better we would not be talking right now.
The same thing happened to mine, then hooked a meter to it and found out the wire was getting hot becouse of continuity between plates.
09-05-2008 02:53 PM