Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting cold feet (Desperately need to hear about a Chevy V6 with success)
mojoman317717 Offline

Getting cold feet (Desperately need to hear about a Chevy V6 with success)
I'm not sure anyone will be able to help me, but I'm desperate to hear about anyone with a Chevy V6 having success with any type of HHO booster.

I'm considering adding a booster to my 1996 Chevy Lumina with a 3.1 liter V6, and I can't find anyone anywhere with good results on any kind of Chevy engine less than 4 liters. It's really got me nervous.

Furthermore, everyone except the people on this forum think I'm nuts. I mean really cracked, and frankly I'm starting to believe them! As I read this forum and others I find that there seem to be at least as many if not more people with failure or partial failure than those with success.

One more thing that has me tied in knots is the fact that I'm not made of money. I mean it's hand to mouth around here. If I do something wrong and screw up my car I could really put my family in a financial jam. It seems like everything has to be done exactly perfectly right for this technology to work, and that if any one thing is out of order it could be catostrophic. I'm just not sure I'm willing to take the risks necessary to maybe get this stuff to work.

I can't be the first person to have felt this way. Anyone have any advice for me?
11-12-2010 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Getting cold feet (Desperately need to hear about a Chevy V6 with success)
I have the opposite experience. I've never heard of anyone with a chevy engine that failed with an HHO installation. I've sold about 8,000 EFIEs and provide tech support, so I've had email traffic with lots of users.

There's no reason to think you'll have trouble with that vehicle. Just get a good HHO generator and make sure you get the oxygen sensors handled. That's all it takes.

I am prejudiced on this subject, but our EFIEs are the best. :-) My signature below has the link to our site.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-13-2010 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mojoman317717 Offline

But where are they?? This post has been here for days now, and the only person responding is the guy selling something.

Seriously Mike, you might be an honest guy, but you've got skin in the game. I want to hear from somebody, anybody who has real success with a Chevy engine less than 4 liters, and who isn't selling something.

My feet are freezing now!
11-16-2010 02:43 PM
Mr. Binford 2000 Offline

I agree, where are they? The best I've done was about 12% gain on my 96 saturn 1.9l dohc four cylinder, and that was with efie, map adjuster, pots on the temp sensors, and 800ml/min. hho.
That being said, I've also had 5%+ gains with hho alone. So it does work if your car will take it, or you can overcome the computer.
11-17-2010 01:48 PM
mojoman317717 Offline

Don't anyone misunderstand me, I WANT TO BELIEVE, but I'm definitely skeptical. My problem is significantly related to my current financial situation. I just simply don't have the money to experiment with something that might not work, or worse hurt my only vehicle.

I'm sure that my observation isn't scientific, but from the posts I've read on this site I would have to estimate that 50% of those who try this stuff get no results or have relatively serious complications while trying to figure it out, and then end up like Mr. Binford 2000 with pretty weak #'s. Any improvement is worth something, but it seems like alot of time and effort for not much gain.

I'm absolutely dying here!! Doesn't anyone know anybody with a Chevy 3.1 v6 who can post in here and give me some good news??!!?? All I want is to here from one person with a Chevy 3.1 having success THAT ISN"T SELLING SOMETHING!!

I've said this before in another thread on this forum, but people need to listen and learn from the LINUX open source community. Somehow they managed to avoid the lust for money and came together to create some amazing free software. The HHO community needs to be more devoted to the technology and educating the public and less worried about making money. The money issue sends a really bad message to those on the outside. This stuff is soooo controversial and there are soooo many skeptics and the money thing just adds to the confusion. Who do I believe?? Who is really trying to help me, and who is trying to make a buck off of me??

Isn't there someone out there who feels the same as me, or who has already gone through this difficult process of sorting out truth from fiction?

Somebody please have some compassion and get in here and help me by telling me about your experiences.
11-18-2010 07:10 AM
bsmart Offline

(11-18-2010 07:10 AM)mojoman317717 Wrote:  Don't anyone misunderstand me, I WANT TO BELIEVE, but I'm definitely skeptical. My problem is significantly related to my current financial situation. I just simply don't have the money to experiment with something that might not work, or worse hurt my only vehicle.

I'm sure that my observation isn't scientific, but from the posts I've read on this site I would have to estimate that 50% of those who try this stuff get no results or have relatively serious complications while trying to figure it out, and then end up like Mr. Binford 2000 with pretty weak #'s. Any improvement is worth something, but it seems like alot of time and effort for not much gain.

I'm absolutely dying here!! Doesn't anyone know anybody with a Chevy 3.1 v6 who can post in here and give me some good news??!!?? All I want is to here from one person with a Chevy 3.1 having success THAT ISN"T SELLING SOMETHING!!

I've said this before in another thread on this forum, but people need to listen and learn from the LINUX open source community. Somehow they managed to avoid the lust for money and came together to create some amazing free software. The HHO community needs to be more devoted to the technology and educating the public and less worried about making money. The money issue sends a really bad message to those on the outside. This stuff is soooo controversial and there are soooo many skeptics and the money thing just adds to the confusion. Who do I believe?? Who is really trying to help me, and who is trying to make a buck off of me??

Isn't there someone out there who feels the same as me, or who has already gone through this difficult process of sorting out truth from fiction?

Somebody please have some compassion and get in here and help me by telling me about your experiences.

mojo........it surely isn't for everybody and as you've indicated there are a lot of failures for each claimed success story.

Are you willing to spend $200-$300 to get 15%-25% mpg improvement?? (assuming you are one of the successful experimenters) That is the real question that you have to answer. If NOT you might as well move along and forget you ever heard of HHO.

I have 2 identical 3.5L engines with slightly different electical control systems. 1 is a 99' and the other is a 01' model. The latter is slightly more advanced in its engine fuel management system but surprisingly it is the engine that has the better response to my attempts to improve mpgs........go figure.

My improvements have not been anywhere close to what I've heard claimed by some........40%-60% mpg improvement. I just don't think this is realistic with simple HHO generators and gas browns gas addition to the incoming air stream. If you get anywhere close to this you are likely doing damage to your engine with a too high AFR (too much air to too little fuel) JMHO.
11-18-2010 10:23 AM
poorfarm Offline

all i can say is do the math 150 miles on 5 gal
on a 310,000 mile truck
i dont have a effie yet
built a smack 3in wide by 7 in long plates
in a filter housing didnt spend a dime had everything to do it
i was only getting 10-12 miles per gal before
11 plates -nnnn+nnnn-
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012 03:11 AM by poorfarm.)
03-24-2012 04:58 PM
mike Offline

bsmart: Have you checked out the debug checklist? http://www.dry-cells.com/dry-cell-debug-checklist . We figure that below 25% on a passenger car or pickup truck is a failed system. You should get AT LEAST that amount. 35% is the reasonable expectation, and 40% - 60% is not that uncommon. The guys that get those mileages are not adding more HHO. In many cases they are adding less than guys who get far less gains.

Also, you don't need the latest and greatest HHO generator. I had a guy drive up to my shop in an 85 motor home. He had 6 Water4Gas glass jars in a metal enclosure on the front of his rig. His mileage had increased from approx 8.5 mpg to 13 mpg, and had been doing that for years.

Just as a research side note, how many amps do you draw on your 2 systems?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-25-2012 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poorfarm Offline

(03-25-2012 08:39 PM)mike Wrote:  bsmart: Have you checked out the debug checklist? http://www.dry-cells.com/dry-cell-debug-checklist . We figure that below 25% on a passenger car or pickup truck is a failed system. You should get AT LEAST that amount. 35% is the reasonable expectation, and 40% - 60% is not that uncommon. The guys that get those mileages are not adding more HHO. In many cases they are adding less than guys who get far less gains.

Also, you don't need the latest and greatest HHO generator. I had a guy drive up to my shop in an 85 motor home. He had 6 Water4Gas glass jars in a metal enclosure on the front of his rig. His mileage had increased from approx 8.5 mpg to 13 mpg, and had been doing that for years.

Just as a research side note, how many amps do you draw on your 2 systems?

15 to 18 amps mike
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 03:18 PM by poorfarm.)
03-27-2012 03:18 PM