Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting frustrated,Any words of wisdom
loving it Offline

Getting frustrated,Any words of wisdom
Getting frustrated. I have a smack unit 18 plate, PWM, and a EFIE. With no improvements in my mpg. I think 350 is the highest setting for the EFIE with out running lean . I am at 260mv is any one useing a higher setting ? some time I think about just setting it as high as I can when the check engine or the engine starts to stall or run hot or what ever then back off a little . I have a 3.3 v6 Xterra . Any words of wisdom.
Thanks

People who say that it cant be done, shouldn't stand in the way of people doing it !!!
07-12-2008 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Getting frustrated,Any words of wisdom
You can go as high as 450 mv.

Your clue that your EFIE is too high is loss of power, check engine light (CEL) or other driveability problems.

If you throw a CEL, make sure you have it "read" so you know what the code is. (It should be a "lean" code".)

Many auto parts stores will read your code for free. If you're planning to push it, you should find out where you can go first. Hmm

I moved you're thread here so you can get support for your EFIE. Wink
07-12-2008 05:54 PM
loving it Offline

RE: Getting frustrated,Any words of wisdom
colchiro Wrote:You can go as high as 450 mv.

Your clue that your EFIE is too high is loss of power, check engine light (CEL) or other driveability problems.

If you throw a CEL, make sure you have it "read" so you know what the code is. (It should be a "lean" code".)

Many auto parts stores will read your code for free. If you're planning to push it, you should find out where you can go first. Hmm

I moved you're thread here so you can get support for your EFIE. Wink

Thanks

People who say that it cant be done, shouldn't stand in the way of people doing it !!!
07-12-2008 05:56 PM