Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting started
raptorman Offline

Getting started
I have been experimenting with this hho thing for about a month now. I have made a couple different cell configs. and have been able to produce gas.The last one I found at hydrogengarage.com. They liked the use of a - nuetral nuetral nuetral + nuetral nuetral nuetral-.
9 plates. I also made -+-+-. 5 plates. Both did work,(not sure if I'm getting enough gas to do anything yet). Both gave me a very dark brown or green water in a very short time.(within a minuite) I have used only salt or vinager(in varying strengths).I have read about potassium hydroxide,but am not sure where to get it. I am using stainless everything. I am only bench testing so far. I do believe this will work, I'm just a little stuck on what to try next. Any help on the dark water?
05-28-2008 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Getting started
The last plans I saw at Hydrogen Garage was 11 plates, something like this: (-) N N N N (+) N N N N (-)

I never got any benefit from vinegar. Saw more gas from day old Coke. Hmm Salt is great if you're trying to produce chlorine gas, but it's not something you want to introduce into your engine. Search here for drain cleaner. Seems to me someone found a source for NaOh or KOh at Lowes, or some other store.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-28-2008 03:33 PM
raptorman Offline

colchiro Wrote:The last plans I saw at Hydrogen Garage was 11 plates, something like this: (-) N N N N (+) N N N N (-)

I never got any benefit from vinegar. Saw more gas from day old Coke. Hmm Salt is great if you're trying to produce chlorine gas, but it's not something you want to introduce into your engine. Search here for drain cleaner. Seems to me someone found a source for NaOh or KOh at Lowes, or some other store.
05-28-2008 03:47 PM
raptorman Offline

raptorman Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:The last plans I saw at Hydrogen Garage was 11 plates, something like this: (-) N N N N (+) N N N N (-)

Yes, your right, it was 11 plates. I stopped at 9 to give it a try. I think they stated the neutrals were to block voltage, and reduce the "brown water". Any thoughts on this or comments on the plate layout?
05-28-2008 03:54 PM
colchiro Offline

Depends on what you have room for. 11 plates give you more surface area than 8... (+) N N N N N N (-) assuming the same plate size, but I have no experience with that. In theory, a series cell (separate electrolyte for each set of plates) is more efficient.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-28-2008 04:11 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

It's called ROEBIC Crystal Drain Opener, and you find it at Lowe's in the Plumbing section. Smile 100% NaOH
05-28-2008 05:29 PM
colchiro Offline

Thanks Wulfram. I was hoping someone would chip in. Wink

Rick

05-28-2008 05:37 PM
Pat Offline

You might try this site. http://www.summerbeemeadow.com/
05-29-2008 10:58 AM