Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good News
hhagen_1 Offline

Wink Good News
Well I got my first all home built dry put together today. did a test with baking soda 1 Qt. with 1 1/2 table spoons added draws 4 amps. It was going to be a 11 plate but screwed up 2 plates drilling the holes so it is a 9 plate - n n n + n n n - design. I tried a experiment switched leads for a few minutes to see if it made any difference on bubbles not really a change.
I will get more stainless and remake the plates next Sunday. Just wanted every one here to know it worked and to thank Mike for all his help.Big Grin
08-12-2012 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Good News
That's great.

I would get some KOH (potassium hydroxide), or NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide). It will work better than baking soda which has to be continuously replenished.

Let us know how the permanent setup works for you.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-13-2012 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

RE: Good News
So I tested the cell this after noon and still using the baking soda but upped the mix to 4 and 1/2 table spoons to 1/2 gallon of distilled and got it to 1/2 liter of flow and only pulled 1/2 amp on my meter took me a while to remember how to use the meter been about 12 years sense I used it. It's blue point from snap on that I got when I worked for John deere back in the 90's.
I had to drop 2 plates so it is a 9 plate same configuration just missing 2 neutral plates.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 02:47 PM by hhagen_1.)
08-19-2012 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply