Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Results
bandit354 Offline

Good Results
Thursday was the first day I got the chance to try everything together HHO generator and EFIE. Putting out about 1 liter of hho per min and EFIE set at .16mv usually get about 200 miles per tank in my 1995 Toyota pickup 3.0L V-6, truck is a work truck around 100 miles per day ladders on ladder rack and 400-500 pounds of equipment, Well all in all after driving thursday and friday at work I drove about 240 miles and still had an 1/8 of a tank left in the gas tank. Mike and myself are talking about one problem that I am having and that is when the truck is running the EFIE bounces around the voltage a little bit but besides that everything is working great. I am hoping to eventually get around 260 to 275 miles per tank and maybe 300 I think 300 is a very real possibility. To be honest I was a little unsure at first, but thought I would try it anyway nothing to loose just around a 150.00 dollars. Well it paid off. The HHO generator is a 9inch tall pvc pipe with the plates laid out in the manner of -ll+ll- seems to put out alot of hho they are six inches high and two and half inches wide made out of 316 stainless steel for commercial kitchen counters found at a scrap yard got the 24inch by 36inch piece for twenty bucks. The spacing of the plates are just one nylon washer thick tried 1/8inch but did not get that much hho in test trials. The bubbler is more a water trap than a bubbler made out of 1inch nylon tubing, the flashback arrestor was homemade, made out of copper tubing tried just the bronze wool, but did not work so I wound cotton in the the bronze wool and work like a charm.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-05-2008 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rags Offline

RE: Good Results
Bandit
Do you know how many amps you are drawing, my generator is made form pvc also, at one point I was drawing 28 to 30 amps, blew fuses and the positive post hole practically melted away. Burned my fingers when I touched the positive post. I had to cement a patch over the area and plug the hole with a brass plug which I drilled out and put a new post in. I have since changed my mixture of soda and water so the amps stay at between 5 and 6 amps.

Hope you make you goal of 300 mile per tank.
Rags
04-05-2008 06:16 PM
bandit354 Offline

I am using two teaspoons of baking soda per one gallon of distilled water when cold it is drawing 2.5amps when operating temp is reached I am drawing around 8.5amps. Never really had problem with the system getting that hot. When first tested I was running around 19amps when warmed up, but it was drawing to much current off the alternator not harmful because it is a 100amp alternator for after market lights, but the current draw was causing mileage decline so I lowered the amps. When I was drawing 19amps after a while it would be hho and steam getting better outcome off the lower amps. Considering using a pwm out of a cordless drill trigger and trying to see if it cause's an increase in hho production, but have heard from others that the pwm did not increase the volume of hho.
04-05-2008 08:57 PM
bandit354 Offline

Here are a couple more pictures of the EFIE the tail pipe dripping water and a closer look at the HHO generator.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-05-2008 09:06 PM
Rags Offline

bandit
How ofter do you have to add electrolyte to your generator. When mine was running at 12 to 15 amps I was loosing at least a cup of water in 50 miles. I had to remix my electrolyte, and I am using 3/4 tsp soda to a gallon of water, that is putting my amps at about 7.5.

Does the top of you generator screw out? I didn't see a fill plug. Mine screws out to add water, but I had a hard time keeping it tight so the gas would not leak out. Finally put a piece of duck tape around the threads on the cap, that has worked well and it is easier to get loose.

Is there an easy way to check the amount of HHO is being made. I have seen where some are filling a bottle with water, inverting it in a bucket and putting the tube from the generator into it to force the water out. Is this the best way to check it?
Rags
04-07-2008 04:31 AM
bandit354 Offline

I am losing about a cup every 225 miles of electrolyte. I usually add some water and baking soda mix every other day when I get home after work. On my generator I have not put a fill plug on yet, I screw the cap off to check the water level as of now until I get everything that I want all figured out. My plan is to use a 3/4inch rubber plug. The way I check the hho output is put a one liter bottle in a clear bucket upside down and fill the one liter bottle with water, then run a hose off the bubbler into the one liter bottle and turn the generator on hold the one liter bottle under the water and wait until it is totally full of gas.
04-07-2008 02:30 PM
Rags Offline

Thanks for the info, I thought that may be the way you do it, but wasn't sure. I just tried using LYE today. I made a 2 plate cell with the ss switch covers from Lowes. I added about 1/2 tsp off Lye to a quart of water and attached the battery charger to it and the needle jumped to 15 amps right off the gitgo. I dumped the water and put about 1/4 tsp of lye to the same amount of water and it went to 10 amps. Quite a difference between lye and soda.
Rags
04-07-2008 03:29 PM
bandit354 Offline

I was reading some info on the mag drive hho systems and they just changed the electrolyte in there systems to vinegar, it did not really get into it to much about why they switched to vinegar over what I think they were using baking soda before. I was thinking about building another cell, have alot of stainless steel left out of my big sheet that I have at home and I was going to build it to the same spec as the one that I have now and try using vinegar instead baking soda instead. Myself I was trying to stay away from the harsh electrolytes like sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, and lye the only reason just in case they were to over flow and get into the intake did not want to do any damage.
04-07-2008 06:19 PM
bandit354 Offline

And I also was reading that hydrogen peroxide will double the amount of oxygen in the hho even in little amounts, but I also heard that it has some bad side effects too, some kind of bad gas when it is burned.
04-07-2008 06:21 PM
Rags Offline

I had hear about using vinegar, 50/50 mix. I have the little 2 plate cell that I experiment with. I also tried a mixture of soda, peroxide, and alcohol but that got to hot to fast and I kept blowing 30 amp fuses with the formula suggested on another forum. I will try the vinegar next and see what that does. I am using rain water right now to see how it works instead of wasting distilled water.
Rags
04-08-2008 04:59 AM