Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Results
bandit354 Offline

RE: Good Results
I only have a seven plate design with the two outer plates being the negative plates, four plates as the neutral plates, with the center plate being my positive plate. - l l + l l - this was the design that worked the best when I had it on the bench and I get alot of hho production and I don't really go through that much water at all. Not sure on the volume of my generator, but it is only ten inches high and three in pvc pipe. I have to add about a cup of water every third day and that is with 250-300 miles.
04-09-2008 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Bandit, why kind of mileage gain are you getting?

I'm waiting for a reservoir/bubbler before I try mine again, the tank at the top of this pic:

[Image: 6274_1.JPG]

Much of my driving is 2 to 4 hours at a time so could use the reserve. I asked the dealer on eBay (kensmith) if I could buy just that. Was charged $23.50 including elbows, hose and shipping.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-09-2008 05:18 PM
Rags Offline

bandit354 Wrote:I only have a seven plate design with the two outer plates being the negative plates, four plates as the neutral plates, with the center plate being my positive plate. - l l + l l - this was the design that worked the best when I had it on the bench and I get alot of hho production and I don't really go through that much water at all. Not sure on the volume of my generator, but it is only ten inches high and three in pvc pipe. I have to add about a cup of water every third day and that is with 250-300 miles.

Did you try lll- l neutral lll+ if so how did that work. What is your electrolyte formula. I found that by putting the plates in series I could use a lot more electrolyte and less power. My formula is 2 1/2 tsp soda and 2 1/2 tsp lye. I was getting a lot more action, and bigger bubbles thru the bubbler, and pulling about 5 amps.
Rags
04-09-2008 06:09 PM
bandit354 Offline

Well to answer your question Colchiro I have an increase in gas mileage of around 25 percent right now and that is with me being pretty conservative with the efie, set only at 2mv. Usually I get about 200 miles per tank thats with all my work stuff on the truck, now I'm getting around 250 miles per tank and thats with the efie only. The truck I am driving is a 95 Toyota P/U 4X4 3.0 V6 with 200,000 miles. I'm going to start messing with the MAF sensor when the rain settles down with a resistor and pot to ground to bleed off some of the voltage to the ecm from the MAF sensor. I don't have a reservoir on the truck at all. As of now I have about 400 miles sense I had added and water and I'm only about one-half inches down from my fill point. The hho production is just over a liter per-minute.
Rags I tried the set up that you are talking about - - - l + + + and I got less production of hho with that setup then with what I am running now and with the setup that you are using it seemed to create a little more heat. For my mix I have been using 2 teaspoons of baking soda per one gallon of distilled water. I live just outside of Chicago and in the morning when it is cold I running around 1.8amps when operating tempature is reached around 85 degrees under the hood I am around 7-8.25 amps. My cell is not exactly engineered perfectly the edges don't match but the spacing is perfect only 2.5mm per-plate spacing. When I pull it out tomorrow I will take a picture and post it.
04-10-2008 05:35 PM
Rags Offline

Thanks bandit,
I was thinking about piggy backing another set of 7 plates ontop of these, but forgot how I had stacked them. So I took the cell out of the pipe and looked at it. Man what a dummy, I was using a nylon 1/4 20 bolt and ss nuts and for some reason I only was connecting with the outer plates on the + and - sides, the rest were not touching any metal at all, no wonder I wasn't drawing any amps. DUH!!

How is your cell configured, is it plates, or tubes? OOPs I just looked back a little ways and seen your discription. Not quite sure how you connected your - plates that are on opposit ends of the cell, and the + in the middle.

I am going to have to get some ss washers so I can get mine spaced better and have better contact between plates. Man it's always something.

Just in case anyone is interested, I looked up the switch plate covers that I am using from Lowes, they are made by Cooper wiring devices, and are rated as 302/304 stainless steel. I have checked the steel places here and
none have 316 ss, it has to be special ordered. $$$$$$$ Will have to settle for the switch plates I guess.
Rags
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2008 06:18 PM by Rags.)
04-10-2008 06:02 PM
bandit354 Offline

My plates are 2X6 stainless steel plates and they are rectangles and the 5 inner plates are notched out in the corner and the negative outer plates are not notched out and I ran a small machine bolt to the two outer ones and used nuts on the outer one to make them both negative plates. Tomorrow when I get off work I will take it apart and post some pictures of it.
04-10-2008 07:40 PM
bandit354 Offline

Another thing about the 316 stainless steel, a good place to look is scrap yards they will usually sell it to you really cheap, I got a 24inch by 36inch piece of 316 stainless steel sheet for twenty dollars.
04-10-2008 07:44 PM
colchiro Offline

Bandit, how thick is the scrap you bought? My unit was purchased on fleaBay and it's also switch covers. I figure I'll eventually have to replace it, but want to make sure it works to my satisfaction first.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-10-2008 09:26 PM
Rags Offline

bandit354 Wrote:Another thing about the 316 stainless steel, a good place to look is scrap yards they will usually sell it to you really cheap, I got a 24inch by 36inch piece of 316 stainless steel sheet for twenty dollars.
How do you tell 316 ss from 302/304 ss?
Rags
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2008 04:20 AM by Rags.)
04-11-2008 04:20 AM
colchiro Offline

Would a magnet tell the difference?

Rick

04-11-2008 07:31 AM