Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Results
Rags Offline

RE: Good Results
That is what I used on the switch plates, and when it didn't stick I figured that it was fairly goog ss.

I just finished configuring my cell to match bandit's, it draws more amps than the way I had mine but will see about HHO production.

With the mixture I was using, changing my cell to match bandit's my amps went to 15, I thought that might be a little high, so I diluted my mixture in half. Out with the old, in with the new. Amps went down to 10 cold, which will increase when it get warmer. Which I feel better about. Will see how this combination works out.

Rags
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2008 12:27 PM by Rags.)
04-11-2008 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

The way they could tell the difference in the steel, they had a hand-held machine that arced the metal in a little spot and it tells you all about the metal what kind it is and what it properties are. Stainless is just nickel and iron for the most part. This weekend I am going to try a new set up with the array of - l + l - l + l - its a not quite a series design, but I have always notices the most production comes from the positive plates when they have two negative plates on either side. Took some pictures of my cell but for some reason cannot download them. I also increased my hho production by cross hatching grooves in the stainless with a wire wheel. Next I am going to try bead blasting the plates also.
04-11-2008 05:00 PM
colchiro Offline

Bandit, can you bench check your new design? You might want to make sure you get bubbling from all the plates, not just the outside ones.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-11-2008 05:37 PM
Rags Offline

bandit354 Wrote:The way they could tell the difference in the steel, they had a hand-held machine that arced the metal in a little spot and it tells you all about the metal what kind it is and what it properties are. Stainless is just nickel and iron for the most part. This weekend I am going to try a new set up with the array of - l + l - l + l - its a not quite a series design, but I have always notices the most production comes from the positive plates when they have two negative plates on either side. Took some pictures of my cell but for some reason cannot download them. I also increased my hho production by cross hatching grooves in the stainless with a wire wheel. Next I am going to try bead blasting the plates also.

You are going with a 9 plate cell, that will be interesting how they perform.
Rags
04-11-2008 06:20 PM
bandit354 Offline

I have seen that all the plates will bubble, but the main source of action usually comes from the positive plates when surrounded by negative plate.
04-12-2008 06:33 AM
bandit354 Offline

well rags I took your idea and stacked another cell next to the other one that I already had but had to drop two nuetral plates in each cell so I only have two nuetral plates per cell. First cell had four nuetral plates. The one thing that I noticed was that the amps increased by the origanal of cold amps of 2amps to 5amps and operating amps of 7amps to 12-15amps. Alot more H20 coming out of the exhaust now. When I hit the gas and it is in park in the garage, there is water vapor on the floor were the tail-pipe is at. HHO production went up by alot. I am also going to decrease the baking-soda to one teaspoon per gallon of distilled water.
04-12-2008 03:16 PM
Rags Offline

bandit
That's gr8.

Do you know if the cells are parallel or series? Mike was saying that if set up in series the amp would be reduced. I don't know parallel for series. I was going to just run a line from + to + and - to -, is that what you did? If you know the difference maybe you could explain it to me.
Rags
04-12-2008 05:52 PM
bandit354 Offline

A series cell for hho would be when you hook the positive battery wire to the positive side of your first cell then the negative wire out of your first cell to the positive wire of your second cell then the negative wire out of your second cell to ground. Paralell cell for two cells would be positive on your first cell to positive on your second cell, negative on your first cell to negative on your second cell. The way I have mine set up right now is a little bit of both, but it would be considered a paralell cell, but I tested it today and it stayed fairly cool. My new set-up is - l + l - l + l - my old cell was a 7 plate new one is a nine plate.
04-12-2008 06:17 PM
Rags Offline

OK I think I understand what you are saying, however the two cells would not be in the same generator pipe, is that correct? I just did a quick sketch and I think you could run a series in a single generator. Can't anymore than pop a breaker, Right.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2008 06:40 PM by Rags.)
04-12-2008 06:22 PM
bandit354 Offline

It could be used either way the two generators used in series or one generator with two cells in series. The concept of the series over paralell in hho is the reduction of heat. In theory s paralell would be just as good as a series circuit just have to control the heat and the amps to the cell.
04-12-2008 07:40 PM