Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good explanation of parallel vs series cell construction
stevekos7 Offline

Good explanation of parallel vs series cell construction
A good explanation on the difference between parallel plate cell and series plate cell construction by Noah Seidman of http://www.watergasconverters.com

"Brown’s Gas production, due to the design of the electrolyzer, is increasingly efficient as compared to independently ducted electrolysis. A common ducted electrolyzer, utilizing series cell parallel plate design, establishes a superior level of surface area, and an inherent ability to optimize the voltage magnitude per cell. In combination with capacitive amperage limiting, also known as a clipping circuit, the amount of voltage and current, per cell, is completely customizable. The series cell parallel plate electrolyzer can specify the amount of energy consumed, and allows for overwhelmingly superior power management, thus leading to an increase in efficiency.

Parallel cell electrolyzers cannot manage power the same was as a common ducted electrolyzer. By arranging cells in parallel the voltage across each cell will be constant, but the current delivered to each dell will be shared amongst all existing cells. This means that to mitigate the energy consumed, by each cell, the production rate must be sacrificed."

What is a little confusing is his reference to 'series cell parallel plate design'. By this I think he is referring to the cells being wired in series, but the plates themselves being set up parallel to each other.

Looks like series cell is the only way to go! Particularly with a PWM.

This is a good site for those who want to get a ballanced understanding of the benefits (and limitations) of BG enhancing of fuels, and the necessary attention to modification to cars to realize those benefits.
07-23-2008 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoozadoctor Offline

RE: Good explanation of parallel vs series cell construction
"This is a good site for those who want to get a ballanced understanding of the benefits (and limitations) of BG enhancing of fuels, and the necessary attention to modification to cars to realize those benefits."

I think what you mean is this site (watergasconversion)is yet another part of gas4water. I do not know how good there products are, well I have my suspicion but I was taught that if you can't find something good to say about someone or something don't say any thing, so I want comment.

What I do know is that they guys are excellent at promoting there site. You cannot type the word hydrogen or water or h2o without being bombarded with there adds. Why I think the guys at water4gas could even teach Google a thing or two about advertising.

IS it really converting water to gas or just a lot of hot air.

Doc
07-23-2008 11:59 PM
stevekos7 Offline

RE: Good explanation of parallel vs series cell construction
hoozadoctor Wrote:I think what you mean is this site (watergasconversion)is yet another part of gas4water. I do not know how good there products are, well I have my suspicion but I was taught that if you can't find something good to say about someone or something don't say any thing, so I want comment.

I'm surprised if they are a part of water4gas. This guy actually criticises the w4g design in some of his articles. He says that their design is not good because it won't produce enough with just a couple of wires. And we all agree with that. But he promotes hydrogen reformer technology which is different to electrolysis.

I think that you might be reacting to the ads on his website. These are google ads and they automatically appear and are not necessarily ads he put on there.
07-24-2008 11:08 PM