Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got my EFIE today
big-daddy Offline

Got my EFIE today
Thanks Mike, I set it at .200 on both side on the bench. Then I installed it on my 2007 F150 and read the voltage when I first starting the truck. At first it jumped up to .285 and started to come down to .235 after driving 10 minutes. As anyone set one up on a Ford with a 5.4 engine, just what to know how high I can go before set off CEL?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2008 05:14 PM by big-daddy.)
06-18-2008 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Got my EFIE today
Please check it again. It is common for it go higher then settle down when it's first installed. But shouldn't do that subsequently.

As to how high you can go, I don't know. It varies by make/model/year. It varies a lot. But it's not the end of the world to set a cel. If you go to high and get a cel, just lower it back down again.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-18-2008 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
big-daddy Offline

mike Wrote:Please check it again. It is common for it go higher then settle down when it's first installed. But shouldn't do that subsequently.

As to how high you can go, I don't know. It varies by make/model/year. It varies a lot. But it's not the end of the world to set a cel. If you go to high and get a cel, just lower it back down again.

I will do today...... Thank again Mike the unit looks and works great. Big Grin
06-19-2008 02:39 AM
big-daddy Offline

well today was the first test at 200mv, 225mv and at 250mv the o2 sensor when to open loop and turned on the CEL. back off the unit to 225mv and looks good to go. We should have a sticky where we can post the mv setting of all our vehicles to make it easy to adjust.
06-19-2008 02:27 PM
mike Offline

Not a bad idea. But the sticky isn't modifiable by all members. You don't have an edit button on other people's posts do you?

I can as I'm an administrator, but I don't think others would be able to modify the post to add their data.

I'll have to think of something...

Visit Our Documents Page
06-19-2008 07:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
big-daddy Offline

But we can start a thread about it and just post our results. what do you think?
06-20-2008 03:03 AM
mike Offline

Oh, ya. Lol, I'm such a Forum noobie! I'll start the thread in the Results section.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-20-2008 08:32 AM