Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great News
Bruce Offline

Great News
Hello Everyone,
We just had a ground breaking event at Fuel Saver-MPG. We now have a data base with almost instant access to..
1. Determining whether a vehicle has a wide band or narrow band sensor.
2. How many O2 sensors a vehicle has upstream of the catalytic converter.
3. What configuration of other sensors that a vehicle has that input to the ECU.
4. We can tell you right away now which EFIE can be used on your vehicle.
All of this used to require some involved research in the case of many vehicles but now we can determine it in just a few minutes.
So if any of our customers, or even if you are not a customer, and would like to know what you have or what type EFIE you need just email your make/model/year/engine information to me at support@fuel-saver.org

Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

FuelSaver-MPG Documents Page
10-04-2008 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Great News
Thanks Bruce. I just made this a sticky.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-04-2008 04:28 PM
gpprotection Offline

Bruce, I have had awful luck so far & I'm trying to make a business out of this. The Build took 5 times longer than expected and also I had to detect the signal wire the HARD way even after checking out 3 Chilton's manuals from the local library. They had the wiring diagrams but the wires change colors from the o2 sensor to the 100 wire PCM connection. I do see 50+mpg on hwy sometimes but overall my avg mpg is worse becasuse of idling. I reset my MPG and get 33 mpg for a few miles but after a few long stop lights by the time I get home I am getting worse mpg than before all this like 18mpg.

So I plugged in and on the pass side I get a + reading from the volt meter but on the driver side I get a - Negative number readout and boy does it jump up and down on both sides regardless how cold or hot the engine. I have been adjusting for 5 days now.
. DriverSide / PassengerSide
CURRENT READINGS- WIth The EFIE ON High -1.64 10.52
Volt Meter Set at 20V Low -0.70 0.72
Engine Idle WIth The EFIE OFF High -0.12 0.12
Low 0.00 0.00
THE DETAILS YOU ASKED FOR ARE:

Make --Lincoln
Model --Town Car
Year --2001
Engine --4.6L V8

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME GREAT ADVICE OR TELL ME THAT YOUR PRODUCT WON'T WORK ON THE ABOVE CAR. I ALSO HAVE SOME OTHER CARS I WOULD LIKE YOUR INFO ON.

Make --Chrysler
Model --Town and Country Minivan
Year --2005
Engine --3.8L V6

Make --Dodge
Model --Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Year --2006
Engine --Hemi V8

Thanks for all the help
JD With GPprotection        
10-15-2008 11:03 AM
Bruce Offline

Hi JD,
Our Dual EFIE will work with the Lincoln. The Minivan needs a Single EFIE, and the Dodge Truck requires a Single EFIE unless it has a California Emissions package in which case it will require a Dual EFIE. It sounds like you already have an EFIE on the Lincoln. Is it one of ours? Is it a dual? If it is then it sounds like you have an installation issue. I sounds like you have spent a lot of time trying to find the signal wire. If you email me I can provide some good diagrams for you and I have some other info that will help you be successful

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

10-15-2008 01:28 PM
stl_hemi Offline

Actually Bruce his truck is like mine. He needs a dual since he has 2 pre cat'd and 2 post cat's right?

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
10-15-2008 02:11 PM
gpprotection Offline

Bruce Wrote:Hi JD,
Our Dual EFIE will work with the Lincoln. The Minivan needs a Single EFIE, and the Dodge Truck requires a Single EFIE unless it has a California Emissions package in which case it will require a Dual EFIE. It sounds like you already have an EFIE on the Lincoln. Is it one of ours? Is it a dual? If it is then it sounds like you have an installation issue. I sounds like you have spent a lot of time trying to find the signal wire. If you email me I can provide some good diagrams for you and I have some other info that will help you be successful

Thanks for the quick replySmile The EFIE is one of yours and I think that the wire that I spliced into is the signal wire because it is the only one that fluctuates so much. I did get a normal reading on the passenger side which is funny because that is the one I was not sure about. The driver side is the one that has such a huge gap in readings and also the readings are negative. I did take caution on which wire goes to the o2 sensor and which goes to the EFIE on both sides. I made a wiring harness outside the vech. by taking measurements and bought wire that color coded yours. Also can anyone tell me why my mpg gets killed while idling. It's a little hit in the old prideCrazy I didn't intend to have to get help but give it. I will give as many results and tips as possible in the future though. Thanks JD w/GPprotection

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-15-2008 06:42 PM
Bruce Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:Actually Bruce his truck is like mine. He needs a dual since he has 2 pre cat'd and 2 post cat's right?

Hi,
Since we talked last I dug up this information from Dodge in refernce to his vehicle. It doesn't mean its 100% accurate but it is the best I have right now.

The Oxygen Sensors (O2S) are attached to, and protrude into the vehicle exhaust system. Depending on the engine or emission package, the vehicle may use a total of either 2 or 4 sensors.

Federal Emission Packages: Two sensors are used: upstream (referred to as 1/1) and downstream (referred to as 1/2). With this emission package, the upstream sensor (1/1) is located just before the main catalytic convertor. The downstream sensor (1/2) is located just after the main catalytic convertor.

California Emission Packages: On this emissions package, 4 sensors are used: 2 upstream (referred to as 1/1 and 2/1) and 2 downstream (referred to as 1/2 and 2/2). With this emission package, the right upstream sensor (2/1) is located in the right exhaust downpipe just before the mini-catalytic convertor. The left upstream sensor (1/1) is located in the left exhaust downpipe just before the mini-catalytic convertor. The right downstream sensor (2/2) is located in the right exhaust downpipe just after the mini-catalytic convertor, and before the main catalytic convertor. The left downstream sensor (1/2) is located in the left exhaust downpipe just after the mini-catalytic convertor, and before the main catalytic convertor.

Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

10-16-2008 07:14 AM
stl_hemi Offline

Ok. But all 3rd Gen Ram's have 2 cat's and 4 o2 sensors. Even the V6 model it's not just a California Package. It's Standard on all Ram's.

Paul

Trucks forsale
10-16-2008 02:09 PM
stl_hemi Offline

I just checked my Dodge master repair/parts manual and the California emissions Package is a standard item on all Ram's reguardless of motor size. No big deal. I hhad to look it up cause it's been a few years since I bought my 04.

Paul

Trucks forsale
10-16-2008 03:10 PM
Bruce Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:I just checked my Dodge master repair/parts manual and the California emissions Package is a standard item on all Ram's reguardless of motor size. No big deal. I hhad to look it up cause it's been a few years since I bought my 04.

Thanks!
So you are saying all Ram's ever or just from a certain year forward?
I'm not doubting you but I try to be as accurate as possible, so when I get conflicting information from the manufacturer I need to sort it all out
Thanks
Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

10-16-2008 03:42 PM